MMW Reactions Theory

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If the critics salvaged the film based on merits of what the film actually was, I'd understand. But basically panning it through disappointment that they'd dare do a goofy plot line instead of the emotionally manipulative story of the last film, and complaining that the film wasn't as human centered as the last one just goes to show how completely off the mark they are, and how almost completely ignorant of the source material they truly are. Heck, one bad review actually mentioned GMC. That's the most care put into reviewing the film negatively I've actually seen.

In my experience, if people genuinely connect with a movie, then they don't mind if the plot is goofy or not human centered, etc. Not everyone connected with this film. It's not more complicated than that. There's no big hidden agenda or bias. Some people just didn't enjoy the film. It happens.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I can tell you before TM's or MMW I didn't connect with any of the Muppet films...

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Like I said before, the reviews were baffling. Just... really...like they wanted to see a Jason Segal movie with the Muppets in it and cursed the film for being a slight disappointment on a level of not being the same exact tone of the last movie (while oddly not praising the better quality in editing and pacing that makes this new film work on a better level).

Now, Muppet movies or otherwise, when a movie is a slight disappointment- and this is a HUGE pet peeve of mine- then it's a million times worse than a movie that's bad all around. And heck, Bad movies get more respect than good movies that are slight disappointments. That seems to be the theme. It wasn't as "good" as the last film, so it's HORRIBLE! Really? These are professionals?! I've seen more in-depth and fair reviews from amateurs.

By all means, this film was better put together, less emotionally manipulative, and didn't need a leap of faith to appreciate. I dearly do love The Muppets, but MMW was a better Muppet movie all around.
I liked MMW, and I agree that it was better than M11, especially the part about it being less emotionally manipulative.

All I can say is, **** the GP, **** the critics, and **** internet comments.

Eyeball

Reaction score
I also seem to wonder were this unfair hate on MMW came from, i mean it had a more interesting plot and better musical numbers than frozen which tbf is a good film in its own right but seems to get raved about for no spectacular reason.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
It's all personal preference. I always use MCC to MMW because a lot of people seemed to connect with that film even casual fans but I did not. So in some ways I can understand people not connecting with MMW. The flak people are getting from MMW is the same crap I get from people about MCC. I've had some mean stuff thrown my way over that not from anyone particular on here but on other outlets.

Eyeball

Reaction score
I can see why some people would not connect with either film but imo they're the ones missing out, MCC was a fine film, it doesnt deserve hate and i still find it to be the best movie adaption of that story.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
MCC is a fine film. I like the music. It just never feels like a Muppet movie to me. It's a kid's holiday film. And anyway for me the best adaptation of Christmas Carol is The Stingiest Man in Town.

But hey, more power to anyone who likes MCC; at least it doesn't offend. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm one of those odd Muppet fans that can find greatness in even some of the "worst" Muppet movies, and shows. I have to say that I love them all, and can't understand why other Muppet fans give the movie bad reviews. I can understand why non-Muppet fans would give MMW a bad review, because the movie was not made for them, it was made for the die hard Muppet fans. I'm not saying that people on here who did not like the movie or past Muppet productions are not die hard fans, but somtimes we have to ask ourselves what drew me to the Muppets, and why do i hate whatever production I'm watching.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm one of those odd Muppet fans that can find greatness in even some of the "worst" Muppet movies, and shows. I have to say that I love them all, and can't understand why other Muppet fans give the movie bad reviews. I can understand why non-Muppet fans would give MMW a bad review, because the movie was not made for them, it was made for the die hard Muppet fans. I'm not saying that people on here who did not like the movie or past Muppet productions are not die hard fans, but somtimes we have to ask ourselves what drew me to the Muppets, and why do i hate whatever production I'm watching.
What drew me to the Muppets was they made me laugh and the characters were endearing. MMW didn't make me laugh and the way the characters were treated just made me sad. Again, if the whole movie had been like the Kermit scenes, I might have enjoyed it more.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Muppets Most Wanted made me laugh plenty, personally speaking. I thought it was great! I'd still love to go see it again in theaters if I had the time and money. (Which is not a luxury I do very often with many movies any more.) Well, it should make its way to DVD soon enough...I just hope Disney has some other Muppet merchandise to accompany it.:smile: