Muppetlab Gonzo Replica

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Hey Guys :smile:
So last year i attempted Gonzo. Being new to puppet building at the time i was kinda making things up as i went along. Now i have a bit more experience under my belt i thought i'd give him another go.

His head is carved reticulated foam painted with floral spray paint and touched up with acrylic paint. The fur is perfect i think and didnt require any boiling etc.

I used project puppets alternative body pattern and the roly fleece pattern for his fur on his head and it worked a treat :smile:

Eyes are 44mm dome eyes with furniture pads for pupils.

Clothes are from Ebay.

I still need to do his arms yet but i couldnt wait to show him off :smile:

And here is the result -

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Looks amazing!!! I will gladly take the last one off your hands. Haha, great job!!!

Rymoore21

Reaction score
Hey! Very nicely done! I have never carved foam before...do you have photo documentation of your process from start to finish? Where did you find the foam and what does the mouth grip look like on the inside?

Slackbot

Reaction score
Impressive work! My hat's off to you. I ought to find and post the Gonzo replica I made in high school. It's got comic relief value, at least.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Yea post it man.. Its all good :smile:
Rymore, i dont have step by step photos. What you see here is all ive got. The mouth grip is really basic. The head is hollow and the nose has a hole inside fow your middle finger which is a good grip. The thumb sits between the foam jaw and the fur.
The foam i bought from my local upholstery store. They often have off cuts which are really cheap :smile:

Muppetlab

Reaction score
I have this if it helps.. It shows the inside of the skull. Crudely carved out but it works :smile: