Episodes that Have Stuck with You

cjd874

Reaction score
In terms of old-school episodes (pre-1990s), the ones that stand out the most to me are the premiere episode, Mr. Snuffleupagus's debut (season 3), the Count counts lights (season 6), the New Mexico & Hawaii episodes, Mr. Hooper's death (season 15), and Maria and Luis's wedding (season 19).

Stephanie Evjen

Reaction score
The episode that stuck with me was episode 3898, when Big Bird, Elmo, Prairie Dawn and Snuffy were inspired to form a rock group called "Big Snuffy and the Alphatones" after seeing Little Jerry and the Monotones perform. I can't help talking about this; it's been my favorite episode ever since. I love episodes that involve music, or that it involves my favorite bands from the show, Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats and Little Jerry and the Monotones. :sing:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, there wasn't, but it could be wrong.

Yeah. That one's kind of taboo for DVD releases not so much because of Brian's Telly (because they could just have Marty redub the lines there), but because of the "imaginary Snuffy" references. That's something that would probably confuse kids. Still, it's kind of sad that they can't somehow work around that.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Not my favorite one that stuck with me, but one that has is the episode where Elmo thought that the alphabet went H-I-J-K-ELMO-P.
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

crackmaster

Reaction score
The one with Hurricane Sandy. (I'm listening to "Together Again" on MC Radio, kay?)

Drtooth

Reaction score
Can't remember the exact episode, but I swear there's one where Big Bird was announcing the sponsors at the beginning of the episode, saying "M and G, Zoe." which Zoe translates as "Lemon Cheese Zoe."

And that's why it took me forever to like that character.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
There was one episode back around 1977 (somewhere around the 1100's? Your guess is as good as mine.) Oscar somehow managed to convince Bob to come inside his can. Bob opens the lid and tries to climb in. Oscar warns him to watch out for his fire-breathing dragon- next thing you know a big blast of smoke comes out of the can, and Bob's screaming in pain as his pants are getting burned up.

Att the end of the episode, Bob pulls himself out of the can (no easy feat) covered from head to toe in muck. His clothes are ripped to shreds (all that groovy polyester trashed!). He slowly heads back down the street. Everybody is stunned at the sight of him, but noone says a word. He passes Hooper's Store and comes to his door (once upon a time, Bob lived above Hooper's, and the door between Hooper's and the Fix-it Shop led upstairs to his crash pad). He goes inside, gives us a look that can kill, and slams the door in the viewer's face. Cue end credits.

Good luck digging this one up.

dinoboy

Reaction score
I have a few moments and episodes that stuck with me. Bert and Ernie's great adventures, where Bert and Ernie go to Scotland and take a photo of Nessie.
Then there's the episodes of Elmo's world featuring the handbell choir, Families with the oinker sisters singing , and when Ms. Noodle made appearances, like in a scene where she was attempting to build a tower of blocks but they kept falling down. And the episode of the Flying fairy school, where Blog makes a giant macaroni-saurus come to life with the spice of life, and it wrecks everything in the school, and the only way to stop it was with a giant meatball.

dinoboy

Reaction score
my favorite was when Oscar gets a spray of Disappear O, and sprays his elephant fluffy, Maria and they turn invisible. The really fun part comes when Maria shows off her fun side by teasing her husband Luis, by taking his hat off to show proof she's invisible, and then yanking his hat in the air just as he was trying to get it. Then the ultimatum is when Oscar sprayed himself and tickled Luis and then Maria says "Come on Oscar, you cut that out, let me do it." And she has the time of her life as she tickles poor Luis to bits and laughs it up big time. Maria hasn't really acted like that since the 1970's, as back then she was energetic, and full of excitable surprises.