Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
It's sad but I never even heard of Modern Family or Ty Burrell until MMW.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
You've gotta be kiddin' me. They have more Emmy's then Castmembers. :smile:
It's one of the biggest comedy shows.
I'm not kidding...like I said I don't watch anything on ABC nor do I watch much TV in general. Not because there isn't anything good on I just find other ways to occupy my time that and having a 9 month old doesn't give you a lot tv down time.

beaker

Reaction score
What did I tell you guys?

Nick Stroller says it's highly possible that The Muppets are coming back to TV!
http://collider.com/new-muppets-tv-show-news/\

EDIT: Disney and the performers have been working for months together on this. I wouldn't expect we'd be waiting long to see this. Disney wants it a lot.
Even if they filmed a pilot none of us should be excited til we see a tvguide.com listing and trailer for it. As even an official announcement doesnt mean it will reach fruition. They filmed several pitches and pilots for "new Muppet tv shows" in the last decade that never saw the light of day.

Yet...tv is WHERE the Muppets belong. As everyone else has said. You look at the humor and writing on the 2008 Muppets.com shorts or the youtube videos, to me its genius and proves the Muppets work in a modern context. TV is the new movie theater as people are saying, so in this current landscape a wonderfully written Muppet show would be the best thing ever for us fans.

beaker

Reaction score
I know people are going to disagree with me, but I don't think it is all about the money when it comes to the definition of a flop. I think that is also has to do with reviews, and with the buzz of the movie. I could be wrong, but that's what I think.
You are very right. While I think in the context of the interview Stoller is referring to the box office, I agree about different aspects to the definition of a "flop" includes general buzz and critical reviews. (tho sometimes well reviewed movies are giant flops)

beaker

Reaction score
The two best comedies on tv are on ABC(Modern Family and The Goldbergs) Having a new Muppet show would make it the three best comedies on tv being on ABC:smile:

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Mrs. Otter and I don't watch anything on ABC, either.

Well, Dancing With The Stars on Mondays.
Oh, and S.H.I.E.L.D., The Goldbergs and Trophy Wife on Tuesdays.
And The Middle, Suburgatory, Modern Family and Nashville on Wednesdays.
And we're doing what we can to catch The Neighbors on Fridays.
But I swear, THAT'S IT. :wink:

(Seriously, I'm as surprised as anybody that we're watching so much on ABC these days. What can I tell you, they've got some good stuff on the go.)

I should probably point out that six of the shows I just mentioned have had several Muppet/Fraggle mentions over the past couple of years. Some people would call that "corporate synergy" (cue the shot of the ABC logo on the bottom of Kermit's flipper). I just call it "glorious." :smile:

Anyway, count me in among those delighted to hear of potential Muppet TV projects, even second-hand. I'm thrilled to have my feelings confirmed that Disney has no intention of derailing the Muppet train, even if Beauregard gets bonked in the head by random objects or seagulls every so often.

A new series would be great (I'm thinking The Larry Sanders Show as a template) but I'd be happy with specials. I'd absolutely love to see a 2010s-'era update of The Muppets Go To The Movies...and that's just for STARTERS...

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Studio DC, the Lady gaga special(??) and to a slightly lesser extent Letters to Santa make me hugely cautious about the Muppets return to the small screen. The YouTube stuff is amazing but those recent specials left me feeling embarrassed for the talent involved. It truly shows that a lot of the Muppet magic is in the writing, something that the team behind "The Muppets" and "Muppets most wanted" are truly gifted at. I really think Disney would aim it at a younger audience for the larger return and I think that would truly dilute what made the Muppet special in the first place. I could be wrong, but recent history supports those fears.