Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
August 5 just doesn't sound right. Geez it did that bad that Disney isn't in a hurry to get it out on DVD. I think June 5 makes more sense.

It's better they're hanging on to this one. They have more time to spend on bonus features rather than just rushing out a bare disc. When Disney rushes out films quickly to Blu-Ray (most previously seen on Frankenweenie, Frozen, and Saving Mr. Banks) they come out with dumb empty discs with barely any features. It's better if they hang onto for a little longer.

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Yesterday I saw the movie for the first time in the cinema. On premiere day. But what a wonderful movie. In my opinion it was better than The Muppets. Storywise and the acting was better. What I missed in the movie was the warmth of the Muppets. The whole middle section got this cold vibe. I understand that this was necessary for the plot but I missed it never the less. Maybe I go see it one more time in the cinema next week.:smile:

terrimonster

Reaction score
Seriously, less than 5 months after theatrical release is not by any reasonable measure a long time for a DVD/Blu-Ray release. It's understandable that fans would like to see it sooner, but it's actually pretty fast turnaround. The Lego Movie, which was a significantly bigger box office hit, has a very similar time from theatrical to DVD release (130 days for Lego, 137 for MMW).

RealWonderman

Reaction score
The movie has made 70 million world wide, and is in second place for box office for all of the Muppet movies, right? That's not bad.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW: August 5 as a release date isn't that unreasonable.

The Muppets was released on November 23, 2011. It's DVD/BlueRay release was on March 20, 2012, almost four months after the cinematic premiere.
Muppets Most Wanted was released to theaters on March 21, 2014. If TM's release preceeding MMW is any indication—which seems to be the industry standard—the DVD/BlueRay release should be at least 120 days following the cinematic premiere, which would have made it July 19, 2014. Since that's a Saturday, you have to move it over to the following Tuesday, again, the industry standard for DVD/BlueRay releases on July 22, 2014. So waiting a couple weeks more after that potential release date until August 5, 2014, it's actual scheduled release really shouldn't be that big a deal-braker. :wisdom:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I don't care patience isn't my middle name. :stick_out_tongue: I just know people are gonna be complaining more if all the extras are on the bluray and not the DVD again "again." (≧∇≦)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Nice try but sadly DVD's are become the new VHS....

sofiasaldanha

Reaction score
I don't care patience isn't my middle name. :stick_out_tongue: I just know people are gonna be complaining more if all the extras are on the bluray and not the DVD again "again." (≧∇≦)

My dad refuses to buy bluray, I was really upset for missing all the extras in the last movie I hope it don't happens again with this one , it's a bit unfair

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
My dad refuses to buy bluray, I was really upset for missing all the extras in the last movie I hope it don't happens again with this one , it's a bit unfair
I know how you feel. My dad actually refuses to buy a DVD player. Is your dad not a fan of new technology?