Original Jim Henson creation..unused??

SASQUAT8

Reaction score
Hello all, a few months ago I purchased a supposed Muppet Jim Henson creature creation, I have yet to see it in any known production. I was told certain props/creations were made then sometimes never used, so this maybe one of them or just used in an obscure background shot for maybe a tv bit production on another show. Anyway I would like to get the opinion of the Mupppet fan world on what they think it may have been made or used for, if indeed it was an actual Henson creation. The last time I tried to post this I had trouble posting pics. so if anyone has suggestions on how to post pics on here in an easy way. I'd love to hear so you can all help me out if possible, I have come to the realization that maybe my particular item is NOT an actual Henson creation, and it will be an expensive lesson learned. I will post more on it as soon as I can figure out how to post the pics. Thank you everyone.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Sometimes something comes up that was made by the Jim Henson Creature Shop for some project that isn't Muppet related. I don't think there is an easy way to post images.
Usually, you have to join up with some image hosting site, and then link to the site.
sometimes you can copy and paste an image from ebay or a general web site. have you tried copy and paste?

SASQUAT8

Reaction score
if you go to collectorsquest.com you can view some of the pics, in search type in muppet collections, and I am listed as one of 3 collectors under ReyRey, there you can view pics of the muppet creature, its listed under Henson creation. You'll see a pic of Roosevelt Franklin and thats me, or my collection.

Slackbot

Reaction score
You could paste in a link to the page showing your creature. I guarantee you'd get more response than asking people to jump through a bunch of hoops.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Here he is

I don't know where he is from?? Henson made some characters for European advertising. It may be one of those??

Chris

SASQUAT8

Reaction score
Here he is

I don't know where he is from?? Henson made some characters for European advertising. It may be one of those??

Chris
Thank you Chris, yes this is it!!!, if anyone else may know anything about it please let me know. I was told when Henson studios were moving from one location to another they were liquidating some of their props from earlier productions. I got it from someone who bought it from a special effects/puppeteer that worked for Jim Henson Studios in the late 1980's. I don't know if it was London, or New York studios.

Slackbot

Reaction score
Hmm...speaking from nothing more than a gut feeling, I'd be disinclined to believe that this was a Henson puppet. The face looks smushy and off-putting, and the eyes don't focus well. The fur doesn't seem to be neatly attached to the skin, and in this picture the fur looks haphazardly asymmetrical, going in front of one "ear" and behind the other.

In short, based on the apparent craftsmanship in this one image, I don't believe this is a Henson puppet. I wouldn't mind seeing pictures from other angles so I could get a better look at him.

SASQUAT8

Reaction score
Hmm...speaking from nothing more than a gut feeling, I'd be disinclined to believe that this was a Henson puppet. The face looks smushy and off-putting, and the eyes don't focus well. The fur doesn't seem to be neatly attached to the skin, and in this picture the fur looks haphazardly asymmetrical, going in front of one "ear" and behind the other.

In short, based on the apparent craftsmanship in this one image, I don't believe this is a Henson puppet. I wouldn't mind seeing pictures from other angles so I could get a better look at him.
I'm having trouble posting a link so you can go to collectors quest.com to see multiple angles, the face is molded foam, the hands are sculpted foam, the arms are extra long and are hinged at the shoulders, there are holes under each wrist where it looks like possibly arm control rods may have been, this may not be a Henson creation but I find it hard to believe based on the craftsmanship that it was someone's hand made puppet. The eye sockets were cut out for the eyes to fit in they are not just eye pieces glued on the head, you can reach your arm and hand inside to work the mouth as well, Ive seen early pics of Animal and his hands look similarly sculpted. Both ears are actually in front of the fur and there are holes behind each ear that may have been for operating purposes, the fur was jus kind of messy in this pic. The molded face has some kind of coating on the foam where as the hands do not.