The Steven Universe thread

mr3urious

Reaction score
Amethyst sounds a lot like she was voiced by Pamela Adlon or Ashleigh Ball at first. Her voice has that same husky tomboyish quality of Ashley Spinelli or Rainbow Dash, which I love. :smile:

mr3urious

Reaction score
The most recent episode was really sweet, with Steven meeting a girl (as was teased in the intro) and continuing to struggle with his powers. Parappa's not the only one with funky flow. :big_grin:

mr3urious

Reaction score
It was great seeing the latest episode. I love how Garnet is more hands-off with rearing Steven as opposed to Pearl's over-protectiveness; that is, letting him figure things out on his own.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I especially liked how Pearl was essentially not paying attention to Steven and repeating the exact same thing he already said.

I get a LOT of that on this board from time to time.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, that episode was thoroughly depressing.

:cry:

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's a great, albeit depressing, allegory of old age and maturity. Steven things he's feeling too old for certain things, and then adulthood smacks him in the face all of a sudden; as he quickly abandons childhood, he begins to rapidly age (thanks to his gem powers).

On the plus side, we get to see the lion guardian re-appear! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
And that bit where Amethyst went "boop" to Pearl was priceless.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I am so glad this thread exists because it reminded me to catch up with the series! :big_grin:

Ah, I love this show so much! My face is still hurting a little from smiling so much!

mr3urious

Reaction score
Onion is a pretty frightening individual. Alone he's just an extremely bored, mischievous little mute who gets away with everything and is too young to understand the consequences of his actions, but give him magical powers and he's a menace to society... and still gets away with his mayhem! Something is definitely up with this town! :eek:

Also, the latest episode was pretty brutal and sad. And with plenty of adult fear to go along with it.

mr3urious

Reaction score
All right! We get a storyline with the Lion and Connie in the same episode! :smile:

I especially loved the scene in which they were all running on the ocean. That really felt like something out of a Miyazaki film.