Gonzo help

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
I still need to get down to the garment district to get fur for him and I need to go to Kinko's copy shop to blow up my reference pics. I got a job for the last 3 weeks and I start a new job on Monday so things are pretty busy but in a good way.

FunnyBear

Reaction score
Here is my update picture. I will attempt to load it. If it doesnt work I will immediately add a link to my blog so you all can see what I got for Gonzo. NOt much yet but its a start.
Where did you find the sweater vest? I've been looking for it and had no luck.

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
I bought it on ebay after looking through literally hundreds of vests. Look up Argyle 18 month sweater vests.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Yea ebay is a great source for clothing :smile:
Im accumilating some bits for my rebuild at the moment. What are you using for tbe fur?

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
No idea yet but I got to see one of the prototype Gonzos up close and the fur has little white fibers in with the blue. I was told that Joannes has a good color right now so I am going to go check it out. I realize your across the ocean. Joanne's is our local fabric store. Thanks for the lead on the foam. I am going to go into my local foam store and see what they can do for me. I have that piece I put the eyes on but its not reticulated.

Muppetlab

Reaction score
Ah sorry i thought you were in the UK. I was going to recommend a place that has a really good gonzo fur that i found last week... Ive just recieved some and it looks really nice :smile:

Derek Thompson

Reaction score
Update.....I went to the foam store and they can get me a block of reticulated foam whatever size I want. I just have to blow up my reference pics and I can give them the dimensions of the block i need. They are not known for being inexpensive but i want to know I did it as authentic as i can. I saw the different pore sizes and I am going with something in the middle. This isnt much but it really made my day. It definitely excites me to want to go to the copy shop this weekend. I am hoping to pop out to our local fabric store to see what they have as far as fur but I really want to take another trip down to the fabric district of LA. They have everything there.