• 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This is outrageous!!!!!

On one side we have people saying that the movie was nothing like TM. Complaining that MMW had way to much "CG" , and that it did not have as much heart as TM. Then on the other side we have the writers and director saying that the Muppets as characters are all STUPID!!!! I mean the only thing we have not had is Disney come out and say that Kermit will no longer be a frog, but will now be a mouse. I don't think I have ever seen or heard this much craziness with a Muppet movie before.

What I think upsets me the most is a lot of these people who worked on the movie and who are saying such crazy and negative things about the movie say they are "die-hard" Muppet fans. Now don't get me wrong you don't have to like this movie to be a Muppet fan, but I can't understand some of the things that have been said about this.

I can also not for the life of me understand why anyone who has watched and followed the Muppets work from 1973-1990 can say that the Muppets are stupid! I mean how disrespectful of the work of Jim Frank, Jerry, Dave, Richard and Jerry Juhl, who made the Muppets smart witty funny, and most importantly for the entire family.
It drives me crazy because I loved the movie, and thought that there was a lot of heart in the movie. I did think that the Muppets did kind of act kind of "dumb" for not knowing that Kermit was not himself, but another frog.....

Sorry I just needed to rant!

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
they said that MMW didn't have the heart that TM had.
It didn't. It wasn't as sentimental, with nowhere near as many "here's a scene that will make you cry" moments. In fact, there were several scenes in TM that had me chocked up, even on later viewers. There's nothing like that in MMW. It's a fun movie, but it's not going for emotional gut punches. I didn't even feel much from Kermit's plight, because so much of the Gulag stuff was unbelievably goofy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I can also not for the life of me understand why anyone who has watched and followed the Muppets work from 1973-1990 can say that the Muppets are stupid
For the record, I never got the impression the creators who said that stuff are trying to insult the Muppets. I'm sure they've genuinely enjoyed the Muppets before. But laughing at something and knowing why it's funny are two very different things.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
What I don't understand is why certain people on here like to tear others down just because the other person didn't care for it as much. We're all entitled to our opinions here folks whether you understand why or why not they didn't like the film. It's not like your gonna get each other to change each other's minds. But just because they didn't like the film doesn't make them any less of a Muppet fan it just means they couldn't connect with the film.

On another note I will agree it doesn't have the heart that TM did but this movie wasn't going for the emotional core that the last film did.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah I mean technically TM was going for an emotional reaction whereas MMW was more a harmless adventure. Much like GMC didn't really have the same poignancy as TMM.

However that does not mean I am in any way comparing MMW to GMC, lol. :stick_out_tongue:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I personally think people are more sensitive to this particular film is because it's not or didn't which ever you prefer bring in the money that everyone was hoping for like the last film. I guess that's why people are getting a little more touchy at the ones that didn't like it however that's no reason to be little people for it. I'm sensitive to it as well because this may or may not be the end of the Muppets for awhile. Notice I didn't say FOR GOOD. I still think they'll do small projects but don't except another movie (which might be a good thing) or any hopes of a new MS anytime soon.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
they said that MMW didn't have the heart that TM had. I don't see that at all.

Well, I do agree with that fact. The last movie was a more emotional journey to bring the Muppets back into the spotlight, but now that they're in the spotlight, they can move forward with wackier story-lines. I just think people are being stupid when it comes to this movie, and mimicking critics "it didn't have the heart" garbage.

The only people that usually care about this "heart and depth" stuff is the critics anyway (I know these things because I critic Disney movies all the time) The general public just wants to go and have a good two hours where they can sit back and enjoy themselves.

I explain a lot in my review, which you can read here.

sofiasaldanha

Reaction score
Well, I do agree with that fact. The last movie was a more emotional journey to bring the Muppets back into the spotlight, but now that they're in the spotlight, they can move forward with wackier story-lines. I just think people are being stupid when it comes to this movie, and mimicking critics "it didn't have the heart" garbage.

The only people that usually care about this "heart and depth" stuff is the critics anyway (I know these things because I critic all the latest Disney movies) The general public just wants to go and have a good two hours where they can sit back and enjoy themselves.

I don't really get the critics, they criticized that the movie didn't have the heart, they really wanted to the movie be the same? It's suppose to be a sequel not a equal.
I truly enjoyed the movie and I'm really excited to see again and again.
I loved the first movie but my dad din't because he said that when he saw the muppets when he was little the show made him laugh really hard and TM didn't , it was not what he expect so that's why he will like MMW more for sure.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I don't really get the critics, they criticized that the movie didn't have the heart, they really wanted to the movie be the same? It's suppose to be a sequel not a equal.
I truly enjoyed the movie and I'm really excited to see again and again.
I loved the first movie but my dad din't because he said that when he saw the muppets when he was little the show made him laugh really hard and TM didn't , it was not what he expect so that's why he will like MMW more for sure.

I like to pride myself on being a nice critic. (Is that an oxymoron?)

Critics are the cruelest, meanest and most terrible people on the face of the Earth. They can take any beloved movie and rip it apart, no matter what it is. I don't even bother reading some reviews anymore, because sometimes critics can be so stupid (not to mention most of them rely on the entire plot for their review).