• 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Stoller: "He's the least dumb of the Muppets."
Bobin: "we were writing the scenes thinking 'Who's the only person here who's got a brain and can say something sensible?"
My God, I just read this now. Seriously? That was painful....and explains a lot...These were the guys they chose to write for the Muppets? Wow...

I knew he'd have a kind of Scooter-ish role.
And goodness knows Scooter wasn't around to do it himself oh wait....Lol

dwayne1115

Reaction score
My God, I just read this now. Seriously? That was painful....and explains a lot...These were the guys they chose to write for the Muppets? Wow...

And goodness knows Scooter wasn't around to do it himself oh wait....Lol

Wow you know that really just sank in what they said there! Wow who in there right mind thinks all the Muppets are Dumb. Where would they even get that from? I mean even if you just watched Season One of the Muppet Show you would know that the Muppets are not dumb,and or stupid!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Where would they even get that from? I mean even if you just watched Season One of the Muppet Show you would know that the Muppets are not dumb,and or stupid!
Like I said, they got it from a very shallow understanding of Muppet Show, lol.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If you have read a recent interview with Craig Shemin on Tough Pigs, he talks about writing for the Muppets. He talks about writing for Gonzo and for Fozzie, and it is refreshing getting his mindset as how to write for them. Like I have said before I love the writers the Muppets already have without bringing in big name writers. Honestly hearing Stroller and Bobin say these things does not take away my love for the Most Wanted, but I really would like for them NOT to write the next movie, if the Muppets do another one.

Here is a link to the interview I'm talking about:

http://www.toughpigs.com/craig-shemin-part-2/

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If you have read a recent interview with Craig Shemin on Tough Pigs, he talks about writing for the Muppets. He talks about writing for Gonzo and for Fozzie, and it is refreshing getting his mindset as how to write for them. Like I have said before I love the writers the Muppets already have without bringing in big name writers. Honestly hearing Stroller and Bobin say these things does not take away my love for the Most Wanted, but I really would like for them NOT to write the next movie, if the Muppets do another one.

Here is a link to the interview I'm talking about:

http://www.toughpigs.com/craig-shemin-part-2/
Thanks for sharing, that's a lot more refreshing!

Craig Shemin: One of the things I always keep in mind when dealing with Gonzo is that Gonzo is not just a wild daredevil. He is a guy who is trying to create great art, so everything has to be from that point of view. He’s not just going to jump off of something, he has to do it in pursuit of a higher goal. I think you can see if someone is writing Gonzo and they’re like, “Oh, he’s going to jump into this, and jump into that…” There needs to be a reason."

And with Fozzie, he doesn’t just tell bad jokes. Fozzie is trying very hard to be the best bear comedian in the world, and along that pursuit he tells some really awful jokes, but it’s part of a bigger purpose.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
And with reading that you almost ask yourself why in the world is he not writing these Muppet movies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And with reading that you almost ask yourself why in the world is he not writing these Muppet movies.
Looking at his credits for the first time, yeah this guy has some serious street cred with the Muppets. But I suppose he's more a Henson Co. guy at this point than a Disney one?

In any case looking at Stoller and Bobin's credits, I'm not exactly sure what stood out to the studio execs as perfect for Muppets, heh.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Looking at his credits for the first time, yeah this guy has some serious street cred with the Muppets. But I suppose he's more a Henson Co. guy at this point than a Disney one?

In any case looking at Stoller and Bobin's credits, I'm not exactly sure what stood out to the studio execs as perfect for Muppets, heh.

It's true he may be working a lot with Henson, but it seems like Jim Lewis is still working with the Muppets, and when he is busy Craig is his go to guy.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well to be fair Fozzie has been getting dumbed down by writers since 1996 in MTI, and in the commentary for the movie Brian even talks about how it did not sit well with Frank Oz. So it's not just these writers, this is something that has been going on for a long time.