One Shots, Parodies, & Trailers!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want I can send you the song, just need your email address, don't think I have it in my list of contacts.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
So, Aunt Ru posted a new story today and that led to a discussion on Kermit and Piggy, which lead to me stating that I had all of these ideas, which of course led me to actually writing down one of those ideas. Like I said in Monday Return, you get halvies today cause I'm running behind and I got work tomorrow.

Said idea was prompted by Muppets Most Wanted, of course, and is a bit of an aftermath to - and assuming we have all seen it - "Kermit" proposing to Piggy. Scooter, along with others, asked what was going to happen to them with the power couple getting married and the frog's response was that the Muppets were over and done with. So, this is my response to that.

Enjoy!

Muppets Most Wanted Scene#3

Going on an actual tour to make up for the fake tour they had been on was taxing, exhausting, and stressful, but that’s what Kermit had signed up for and what they had all agreed on once they had left Nadia and his Siberian prison buddies. Everyone of course gushed over him or apologize perfusely to him about their actions and that they had gone well beyond overboard when it came to doing what they wanted, which they all admitted was totally not the image nor the shows they wanted – or should have – given their international fans.

Kermit, of course, took it all in stride; of course he knew he was a bit of a taskmaster, he could easily get on their cases for a lot of things, but it wasn’t as though he was doing so to dissuade them from being the talented, crazy individuals they were, but they had to be professionals and they kinda did lack in that on many occasions. And to his credit, Kermit stomped down the hurt and tad bit of anger in the notion that his friends, nay family, had basically forgotten about him and if not for Animal, Fozzie, and Walter – though, mainly Animal – they would’ve let him rot in a Siberian gulag for the rest of his life and as a Muppet, he was probably gonna live for a really long time.

That is, if the stress of this didn’t kill him first.

Almost immediately, they had gathered together and discussed whether they wanted to continue this farce tour the way he wanted or if they wanted to forget this whole thing and go back home. There had been silence and it took a while before folks nodded to the idea of continuing the tour and that’s when Kermit dropped the bombshell – if they did it, they’d have to start from ground up; the “tour” they had been on was a rouse, something used to not only get Constantine and Dominic into the most prestigious art and jewel museums, but to frame the group as a whole. Not to mention that of course Constantine had been all set to not only break them all up again, but when that failed, was going to kill them.

Again, there was a bit of silence until Rowlf piped up –

“We’re with you, Kermit. Whatever you need us to do, we’ll do it.”

It was a testament of either how they really and truly had missed each other or that they still felt incredibly guilty that, despite knowing him for decades or longer, none of them except one had seen the fake. And that was something that tweaked all of them. Hard. But that guilt put them right back to where they needed to be, with planning for the countries they wanted to hit – or revisit – and the acts they would put on in order to make up for this recent fiasco.

Luckily – if you could call it that – the press coverage from their help in the capture of Constantine and the Lemur had helped their case a lot and it meant that they may not need to pay for press or audience members. But it meant that they needed to go back to square one, reminding many of them of the first days they were getting the Muppet Show started, back when they were still worried about paying the rent on the theater, when the paychecks were lighter than they wanted, and when living arrangements made best friends out of the weirdest companions.

And here they were, on the train heading back through Europe – Germany to be precise – to retrace their steps and do the show they were meant to do, the show they should’ve done in the first place. Kermit and Scooter had done what they always had, sat down and tried to figure out what wanted to do what and nix anything dangerous or crazy that Gonzo had thought up. They had come up with some of the places they wanted to hit and managed to get in some down time for everyone in the process; they were still getting people to sign up on the act roster, though Kermit had managed to convince Scooter to do his version of Moves Like Jagger, though this time Scooter was going to put a little more thought into the new version than he had the previous one.

The train was theirs alone, courtesy of Interpol for their help, so while they took up the majority of the connecting cars, there was still enough room to just sit and be alone with one’s thoughts if they wanted. One car they had officially – or rather, the Mayhem had – designated for musicians only, so that they could play, practice, jam, and did whatever it was musicians did when they got together. It was in this car that Kermit, who had been aimlessly walking the hallways for nearly twenty minutes, had heard the faint strings of classical music and knew it had to be only one person playing.

Sure enough when he reached the door, he clearly saw Rowlf sitting at the piano, tickling the ivory keys in a melodic fashion. “Beethoven?”

“Chopin,” the dog replied, not bothering to look up or stop his playing. “I find him to be a little more relaxing and reflective.”

“In comparison to say, Debussy?” Kermit asked.

This time, Rowlf did look up, but his playing continued. “Look at you knowing your pianists and composers,” he joked. “What can I do you for, Frog?”

“Just passing by,” said frog replied, leaning against the piano. “Hey, you feel like doing a number for the first show?”

“Sure.”

“Great,” Kermit nodded. “I’ll put you on the set list.”

“Any requests?”

Kermit sighed, dramatically. “Something normal, please,” he huffed. “I think we’ve had our share of weirdness factor three. And that’s not including Gonzo.”

The pianist chuckled, nodding in agreement. “You warned him.” The Chopin piece was quickly replaced by Debussy’s Clare de Lune, which seemed to put both of them at ease. “Hey Kermit, got a minute?”

“Sure, Rowlf.”

Though Rowlf kept playing, Kermit instantly knew something was up; having known the pianist longer than the majority of the group, he knew the dog liked to play or was silent while he gathered his thoughts together. “Stupid question,” he finally began. “If you and Piggy ever got married – eventually, whenever – what’s gonna happen to us?”

Happen to them? “What do you mean?”

“What happens to the Muppets?” Rowlf asked, stopping the piece and looking up at Kermit. “I mean, do we go on with you and the misses or is that when you guys go off and enjoy married life?”

Kermit gaped at him, his expression clearly showing that he hadn’t expected that swing from left field and he was trying to wrap his mind around just what Rowlf was eluding to. “We’d keep the Muppets going of course!” he exclaimed. “Where would you get a crazy idea like that?”

“So,” Rowlf began. “Both you and Piggy are on the same page with this?”

“Sure!” he cried. “Of course we are!”

“Piggy is totally cool with continuing with the Muppets?”

“Yes!”

“You’re sure?”

Another declaration that literally screamed the very depths of Piggy’s absolute and utter devotion to their group was stopped with the realization and confusion on this topic. “Rowlf,” Kermit said, seriously. “Why are you asking me this?”

Shrugging as though the thought just occurred to him, Rowlf went back to playing, picking up where he ultimately left off. “Scooter brought it up, actually,” he said. “Right after Constantine proposed -” Rowlf didn’t miss the way Kermit seemed to bristle at the reminder. “Kid straight up asked him what was gonna happen to us and the little thief straight up told us that was it; end of the line, no passing go, and certainly no collecting two hundred. Hindsight, it all makes sense of course, but…”

Here, Rowlf again stopped playing before leaning back and looking at Kermit. The two of them had a long history together – longer than they had with the others – and Rowlf liked to think they were close enough that he could be honest with the frog at this point. That was how Rowlf was and why a good majority of them came to him for advice – he was blunt without being harsh.

“Kermit,” he said. “A few years ago, when you and Piggy went down, we all went down. I’m not saying that…that was the reason we split; Piggy and I had our own issues, Fozzie had issues, you and Gonzo had issues…I think Scooter actively hated you for a while there…”

“I do so love being reminded of that,” Kermit muttered.

“Hey,” the dog soothed, reversing his original course. “It’s done, it happened, and we’re here, right? Look, we love you, we love you both and we all totally and completely want you guys to be happy. We’ve known each other for a long time, Kermit, so honestly – dog to frog here – have you asked Miss Piggy what the plan is if/when you two get married?”

It took Kermit a moment to admit, not only to himself but to Rowlf, what the plan was and…there was none. “No,” he whispered, lowering his head and shaking it. “No. I guess…I kinda assumed…” He let out a nervous laugh, before clearing his throat. “I’ve messed up so badly, Rowlf,” he admitted. “Any other, decent boyfriend would’ve had a ring on that diva’s finger within a minute of meeting her and I have lost her, majorly, once already and practicly watched her marry someone else and I still am not getting it. What is wrong with me?

“I totally assume that she’d keep going,” he confessed, chuckling bitterly. “But then again, I also assumed that my telling her our mutual attraction needed to stay that way, that she’d listen to me or when I insanely proclaimed that we would never get married, that she would swallow her pride and just live with that fact, or that once she decided to leave, everyone would rally to me, cause I was clearly the injured party...and look how well that turned out.”

“You know what happens when you assume.”

“Yeah.”

“Don’t beat yourself up, Kermit,” Rowlf said, starting another song, this time a more bluesy tune that they were both familiar with. “No man – or frog – wants to let go the single life, even if they do have a great girl on their arm. You know Piggy loves you.”

“And I love her,” Kermit answered. He shook his head and sighed. “I don’t know what I’d do if she asked me to leave.”

“First,” Rowlf said. “You do know what you’d do and second, we both know she wouldn’t. And three, this is why I’m still single.”

This time, Kermit’s chuckle had some mirth in it. “I remember those days.”

“Please,” the dog countered. “You haven’t been single since you met Piggy.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually, Aunt Ru wrote her oneshot on Friday last.

As for this oneshot entry, I like it. There's something that speaks to me about mending fences to the entire piece. The troop agreeing to do a do-over European tour the way Kermit wants to, allowing for performance creativity so long as it's reined in. Then Kermit's conversation with Rowlf about past and future topics exploring the "why" of "how" things have come to be the way they are as taken in your particular ficverse. Like I said, it feels as a satisfying oneshot. Thanks for posting.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
So, it took me longer than I wanted, but here is the conclusion to out story above. And cause I only have tomorrow off, you'll get the other half of the Mondays cause I work on Monday.

Enjoy!

Finding Piggy wasn’t hard at all, especially when you knew where to look. As with anything, the diva had stationed herself in one of the largest cabins, which was only a few rooms down from his, and it seemed to be the prime location for looking at the scenery as they passed through most of Europe. Knocking as was his custom, Kermit didn’t bother to wait for the welcome – as was his custom – and instead opened the door and peaked in.

Given the luxury train they had been given, Piggy had of course taken it upon herself to get the luxury cabin, that featured the small dinette set table with the private bathroom and shower; currently, she was using the table as magazine holder, with various different wedding and bridal magazines heaped on one side and a few scripts sitting next to them. Ironically, Kermit hadn’t heard another peep out of her about their upcoming nuptials or honeymoon after her disastrous near wedding to Constantine; as with many things, the incident brought them together and also manage to create distance between them as well.

Kermit wouldn’t lie – of all the people he thought would have spotted the fictitious fake, he thought it would’ve been her, out of everyone, it should’ve been her; but to his discredit, hearing the story from both her and the others, Constantine had literally offered her everything that she had wanted – where Kermit had given her maybe a tablespoon or a cup, Constantine had heaped on quarts. He was ashamed to say it, but his pride and ego were hurt; he wasn’t a great boyfriend, by any means, but he thought he had some loyalty with her. Maybe there was still a ways for them to go, maybe coming back after their long separation would take time, he didn’t know.

He just knew it hurt more knowing that she hadn’t seen the difference and that his own actions had driven her into the arms of another frog.

“You busy?”

Looking up from the script she was reading, Piggy smiled sweetly at her visitor. “Never for you, Mon Capitan,” she said. Her smile faded slightly when she saw his face. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing’s wrong,” he said, stepping in and closing the door behind him. “Why do you think something’s wrong?”

“Because you have that look.”

“Fresh,” he joked. “What look?”

Rolling her eyes, Piggy tried her best not to huff. Her frog! Honestly! “That look you get when something’s wrong.”

He had half a mind to turn around and not even bother her; of course she’d be behind him, she supported him! Didn’t she? Years ago, Kermit wouldn’t have hesitated to say that he knew Miss Piggy – knew how she worked, what she wanted, and how to handle/control her; fast forward to now and Kermit wasn’t sure. After all, when he had gotten everyone back together, he had been sure she would’ve said yes to saving their name and their studios, just as he had been sure Gonzo would’ve jumped to the sky on coming back.

The two people he thought would’ve been on board, didn’t come on until the last minute, and while they had, they had given Kermit palpitations in wondering if maybe he had burned too many bridges, soiled too many friendships.

And this time, that same assurance he thought he had with her, with all of them, had failed him again. Shaking his head free from his own insecurities and worries, he sighed and said, “It’s nothing. Just…thinking.”

“About…?”

“Stuff,” was his vague answer.

Piggy knew that look and knew that tone; it was Kermit's weight of the world, weariness look and tone, the one where they had just exasperated him to the point of a nervous breakdown. She had actually been concerned that one day, he really would have a nervous breakdown, though in hindsight she wondered if their break had been that very thing. Knowing that the last few days and weeks had been worse on him – having them all turn on him, spending weeks in a Siberian prison, and her headed to the alter with another frog – Piggy wondered if maybe the stuff he was thinking was related to them.

“Us stuff?” she asked, concern etched in her voice.

“Us stuff, Muppet stuff, business stuff, world stuff…” he rattled off, letting her know just how much he managed to cram within his brain and on his shoulders. “Just…stuff.”

Knowing that he was about to sag under the amount of weight that he always managed to carry, Piggy stood, walked to him, before dragging him to take a seat at the dinette. “You work too hard, you know that?” she asked, starting a light shoulder massage. “Not that we don’t appreciate it, because we do, but you do work harder than you should, Mon Cher. You really need to relax.”

“Well, I’m in here, aren’t I?” he quipped.

“I wasn’t aware bickering with me was what you considered relaxing.”

“That all depends on how the bickering ends.”

Slapping him on the shoulder, she retorted, “Fresh.”

The rub continue, though the diva wasn’t feeling any of the tension fade away as she worked. In fact, if she didn’t know better, she would’ve thought he got more uptight the more she massaged.

“Hey Piggy?”

“Hey Kermit?”

“If we get married…”

“If?”

Feeling the way her fingers dug slightly into his shoulder blades, Kermit quickly reversed course with, “When! When we get married…what…what would we do?”

“Uh,” she began, giving him a strange look. “We’d go to a church, get a priest, and get married.”

“I mean, after that.”

“Go on a honeymoon, have children, grow old together.” At that point, Kermit couldn’t help but turn to glare at her. “You’re the one asking ridiculous questions,” she countered.

Turning back around, the frog sighed, trying to keep his annoyance under control. He never could get through a simple conversation with her… “I mean,” he stressed. “What would we do after we got married? With the guys?”

“They aren’t coming on the honeymoon, if that’s what you’re thinking.”

“Piggy…”

“Again,” she said. “Asking crazy questions. Use your big boy voice.”

“If we got married -” And again, with the nails. “When we get married, would you still want to do this? Be in the Muppets, be in the business, the whole nine yards?”

“Why would I want to stop?” Piggy asked, again giving him a strange look. “Moi is at the top of her game, adoring fans patiently await our arrival where ever we go, the studios are gangbusters, the mouse and his crew are happy with us, what reason would there be to stop?” The oddity of the question and the fact that he would bring it up triggered something in the diva and she moved to look at Kermit.

“Why?” she asked, concern clear in her voice. “Do you want to stop?”

He had gotten this way before, when their mentor and number one cheerleader had died. Kermit had been all set to just hang everything up and go about just being a regular frog, who used to be famous. That had been a low point and at the time, his decision would’ve made sense. Now, however, they were at the top of the game; the renewed success had all but brought their old fans back, bringing along with them their children or friends (she wasn’t about to think their fans had grandchildren), there should’ve been no reason why he’d want to give everything up.

Unless the recent events hurt him more than he was letting on.

“No!” he exclaimed, looking at her. “I just…that’s why I’m asking because…” Taking a breath, he continued with, “I missed you. I missed everyone. I don’t…I don’t want to stop again. But…I’d…I’d support you and any decision that you’d make. You gotta know that.”

Again, Piggy looked at him in confusion. What in the world…? “Wait,” she asked, giving him a look. “You think I’d want you to stop? Kermit, I know how much you love doing this! You do everything under the sun to keep us in line and keep us afloat when we should’ve sank years ago! I’d never stop you from doing what you so clearly love.” And then it hit her.

She hadn’t exactly held back in letting Kermit know that his impostor had literally given them and her everything they had asked for, even when it obviously spelled disaster and they were surrounded by a ring of fire and either weren’t paying attention or didn’t care. It was only when the fake – and she wasn’t about to say his name, out loud, ever – had announced that Walter and Fozzie had up and quit then they all started realizing something was not right in their kingdom.

Maybe some of her gushing had hit closer to his heart than she realized. Did he think because she may moan and groan about the others that she wanted him to ditch them completely?

“Kermit,” she whispered, almost afraid to hear the answer he would give. “Is that what you think?”

“No!” he insisted. “I just…I didn’t know what you’d want to do, that’s all.”

And just like that, Kermit knew he’d made a big mistake in coming here and spouting off. His mouth and feelings always got him in trouble with Piggy; wasn’t it their argument and his own melancholy that led him to take Dominic’s suggestion for a walk down a dark alley? Who takes advice like that? If he had been thinking clearly, he would’ve seen the ambush and could’ve come back and…continued being the wet noodle everyone thought he was.

If Constantine hadn’t tried to kill her, maybe he would’ve made a better partner than he.

“Kermit,” Piggy said, already seeing where the wheels were turning in that head of his. He always worried the most, took on more than his share, and took the brunt of any and all hard feelings; that’s just who Kermit was and it was one of the reasons she had fallen for him in the first place.

“Regardless of whatever argument the two of us get into, I have never liked the way it bleeds into the others. Never! Sometimes, we can’t help it, it is in our nature to argue with each other and unfortunately, it splits a line down the middle, but I’ve never wanted you to have to choose between me and them.”

“You just wanted top billing,” he joked.

“No,” she said, not rising to the bait. “I wanted equal billing. Top billing is nice, it always is, but I know everyone is equally important to you, I have never disputed that. Kermit, I have never and will never make you give up the Muppets because of me. I love those idiots as much as you do and if you tell them that, I will destroy you.”

Kermit couldn’t help it. He chuckled at that last part. Once again, he had severely underestimated Piggy and it had come to bite him back; he had always known that Piggy’s outward persona was different from the actual person that she was. The diva was the Hollywood façade, what she put on for celebrity meet and greets, the show, red carpet appearances, etc; Piggy wasn’t completely high maintenance and he had certainly seen sides to her that would justify the fact that she was still the small town girl at heart.

Truth be told, Rowlf’s question had thrown him and he had immediately thought the worse – thought that Piggy would abandon them, him, like she had before; that she would want him all to herself and couldn’t share him with the rest of the group or even the world and as before, he was so off base, he wondered what she saw in him. Piggy had always wanted to be in his life, but she was smart enough to know he was the kind of frog that belonged to everyone he ever met.

That had never been her problem; the problem had been he had never been frog enough to make time for her when he should’ve. What was wrong with him? He never would’ve gotten away with this back home and certainly in the entertainment business, he would’ve been dropped like a rock in a pond, but not Piggy. Piggy had always stood by him and it was only when he had sent her away – twice now – that she had gone. What was it going to take to make him realize what he had?

The first time she had come back, only out of a sense of duty for the others; this time, she had nearly been stolen away by a suave international thief. He had gotten lucky, really, extremely lucky, because next time, he may not be.

“Piggy,” he sighed. “I love you.”

As with anytime he ever let his heart do the talking, Piggy smiled sweetly at him. Why did he always try to avoid this? Was it really that hard to tell the person he loved most in the whole universe that he did indeed love her?

“Aw Kermie,” she cooed, cupping his cheek in her hand. “I love you, too. Always.”

With that business out of the way, Piggy was assured that she had solved whatever problem her frog came in there for. And problem solving always meant a reward. “See?” she said, patting that very same cheek. “Relaxation suits you.” An idea quickly formed in her head and she snapped her fingers. “Spa day!” she exclaimed. “That’s perfect, that’s exactly what we need. A spa day. You’re stressed, I’m stressed…nothing stresses people out like nearing been blown up. Or…being thrown out of helicopter. What was that thing about the spa…?”

Kermit watched her as she went hunting about some spa that may have been on the train itself or in an upcoming location, but he ended up letting his mind drift. He loved her; that was that. He had hemmed and hawed for years, decades even; Gonzo had once joked that they were well past the requirements for common law and they should just be getting all the benefits of that. Relationships had broken under less time and those that had gone past their mark…well, they were far and few; many relationships didn’t make it to the mark they were at and yet Kermit couldn’t seem to put the car in gear on this.

In the past, he’d been afraid that a relationship would ruin their professional relationship; that had never happened until he had literally pushed her away. After her return, he was afraid to just jump back where they had left off; they hadn’t ended well and to start from there would only led to disaster. Well…that was a few years ago.

What was the excuse now?

He didn’t have one. Professionally, as she had noted, they were back on top. Personally, they had started from scratch and until this little bump, things had been going fine. They had and lived in a house together. And it wasn’t as if they hadn’t broached the subject of children, because they had, and Kermit would be lying if the idea didn’t appeal to him, so…what was his excuse?

“I bet there’s a group deal,” Piggy was saying, still looking around for whatever pamphlet she had seen about a spa. “There probably is, but that depends on who we invite, cause…we are not inviting everyone. Scooter, sure, Rowlfie definitely, Fozzie’s a possibility…Gonzo’s only coming if he behaves…”

“Marry me.”

Piggy wasn’t sure she heard correctly. Her ears picked up a series of words that sounded like a proposal, but they didn’t register in her brain, until she turned quickly to look at him. “Say what?”

If Piggy was confused by the declaration, Kermit was equally surprised by it. True, he had been planning on it, eventually, and he even had a ring that screamed Piggy, but he had also been planning a romantic dinner, fireworks, maybe proposing to her on stage (which would now never, ever happen. Ever). He had half a mind to backtrack and say he meant something else, but for once, he was gonna let his heart led this conversation.

“I said, marry me,” he said, staring at her. “Marry me, Piggy.”

“A…are you serious?” she stammered.

“I’m very serious.” Kermit stood from the chair and walked to her, taking her hands in his. “Piggy, I’m not gonna lie to you,” he continued. “I can’t give you everything you want, in fact there will be times where I will most definitely say no to the things that you’d want or need. I’m not gonna pull a unicorn out of thin air, I’m not getting you an armadillo, I most certainly am not buying you a cockatoo or bird of any kind and we’re never moving Malibu, so…I hope you have no plans for that, cause that won’t happen.

“What I can give you is…is…well…years of constant bickering and arguing, stubbornness that could outrank a bull, a company of bears, chickens, dogs, and Gonzo who will no doubt pester us every day and invite themselves over to the house, but they’ll be the best aunts and uncles our kids could ask for and…you’ll get this hopeless, devoted, and insane frog who is hopelessly, devotedly, and insanely in love with you and I could never stop loving you even if I tried and I have tried.

“Don’t you see, Piggy?” he whispered. “You’re everything I need and everything I want. And if that’s not what you want then…then, that’s just too bad because I’m never letting you go again.”

Just when Piggy thought Kermit couldn’t surprise her, after all this time, he’d go and do something like this. It was everything she expected from him – straight to the point, laying down the law as what would and wouldn’t work, and then the cherry on the top: the declaration of how he really felt. Kermit didn’t often express his feelings, especially with her, but when he did the expressions were from the heart and he always did tend to wear it on his sleeve.

“Oh Kermie,” she cooed, her eyes tearing up slightly. “You had me at hello.”

“The first time?”

Laughing quietly, she said, “Every time.” Taking a deep breath, the diva none the less stared down the frog. “You’re a little too late though.”

“Pardon?”

“Not that Moi didn’t appreciate the speech,” she amended. “Because it was truly lovely, no doubt, but Moi's beaten you to the punch.”

“Really?” he asked, slightly confused.

“Oh really,” she said. “Moi asked vous, remember?”

Kermit looked at her as though she was mad, until a recent scene came to his mind. After it had been discovered that there were two Kermits and that they had basically crashed her wedding, Piggy asked the only question she knew would identify the real frog – she asked both of them to marry her, knowing that the real Kermit would probably hem and haw with his answer and that was the one that had revealed himself as the true leader.

“I thought that was to find out which one of us was the real me,” he said.

“Who’s to say that question didn’t have two purposes?” she retorted.

She had him there, because that’s exactly what Piggy would’ve done. Yes, the question was to see which one of these frogs was truly Kermit, but underlining that was the very thing that he had been afraid to admit, afraid to do, and what had doomed them the last time. And as before, Kermit had to ask himself – one last time – if this was what he wanted, if he really wanted to give up his freedom as a bachelor, if he wanted to sacrifice what he had built, what they had built, by getting this deeply involved.

And before he had even finished the questions, he had already answered them – yes. Yes, he really wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, yes he wanted everything that marriage entailed, and yes, he very much wanted it with Piggy. Nodding, Kermit immediately headed towards the dresser before opening the second drawer and pulling something out, something that clearly looked like a jewelry box.

“Are you hiding jewelry in my room?” she asked, incredulously. The frog could have nerve at times.

“Of course,” Kermit replied, walking to her and stopping in front of her. “Where else would I hide something where you won’t find it?”

Piggy thought about it and decided that, once again, Kermit was right. She loved presents and when she thought there was one around for her, she would hunt it down; however, it would never occur to her to search her own room for one.

“Touché.”

Holding the box up, Kermit asked, “What was that question you asked me?”

The diva wasn’t sure if she should be thrilled or irritated; of course she would be the one to ask, but she had to give him credit. She hadn’t thought he would’ve had a ring all ready, that maybe he had been thinking about this longer than she had given him credit for. Looking him in the eye, Piggy asked the question she had always hoped he’d ask her and she now she had to hope that he’d give her the answer she always hoped to give.

“Will you marry me?”

Opening the velvet box, Piggy was stunned to see the diamond ring that was nestled inside. It wasn’t a ring that Kermit had just picked up the day before; he had put thought into the purchase, the way the diamond caught the light when he held it, he had bought that ring for her and her alone.

“Yes.”

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, that second half certainly brought things to an inevitable conclusion. Can relate to Kermit's mindset thinking he's got the whole world on his shoulders and the crazies around him either only alleviate it a little or make it worse, depending on your POV. But to think he's got a little bit of sneakiness in him, to hide Piggy's ring under her nose like that, I approve.
*Sean Connory voice: High marksh lad.
Oneshots like these and maybe one where we see how Nadya knew Kermit was Kermit and not Constantine after the initial Big House musical number and others make me think that maybe the next movie should strive to include/follow the narrative of the junior novelization (is there a senior novelization?) so we don't get the disappointment of cut scenes that would explain the movie much better.

Good job Gina. :insatiable: leaves a couple of Snickers chocolate eggs.
Cookie: Wha... Me make much better Easter bunny than Carl, at least me no try to eat people or cute little animals, that not in me diet.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Glad you liked! The thing with the ring came to me later, hence why it took a bit (as I had only thought up the "you had me at hello") line and was done with it, but the idea that Kermit 1. probably does have a ring and 2. Piggy is probably like me and is a menace with presents came suddenly and I had to add the last part in.

There's a junior novel to the movie? And apparently, it sounds like the first one, where added background makes the story that much easier to understand. I figured Nadya knew nice Kermit was totally not Constantine; he has too much hope and too many friends. But is there more inner thoughts? Possible reconciliation that adds in a real Kermit/Piggy marriage? I ask cause...you remember that trailer that has Kermit standing there in a tux saying "I love you", emphasis on the you?

I'm sure that's response to Nadya showing up or proclaiming her love for Kermit and that statement is aimed at Piggy, however, not in movie. And I really hope it's in the cut scenes, cause that's just not a cool carrot to dangle and not have addressed, yo.

Must. Get. Easter. Chocolate!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
As for the trailers, I wouldn't know, I haven't watched them only heard them on MCR. (And my MCR RadioTerra station's being extremely glitchy as of late, :grr:).

Dunno about cut scenes because Disney's sticking most of all the good Easter extras on the blue ray version, forcing those of us who haven't to buy blue ray players. All that's doing is pretty much forcing my hand at having to learn how to upload DVD's I legally own onto my computer harddrive. *Sometimes feels like Kermit in Ru's depictions, not kicking and screaming against new age tech, just not being able to fully upgrade with the times due to a stubborness of sticking with what works for me given my working blindness, second :grr:).

Hope you find those chocolate eggs Cookie hid.
:insatiable: Me not hide them too hard, after all, they could melt if left long out in sunny patch away from the rain.
Where did you hide them anyway.
:insatiable: Um, me think me leave them in Gina's hall closet.
That reminds me, we should send her an invite if she wants to join HV. Now if I could get some inspiration/organization for my next pet project. :batty:

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
As for the trailers, I wouldn't know, I haven't watched them only heard them on MCR. (And my MCR RadioTerra station's being extremely glitchy as of late, :grr:).
On the You Tubes, but I can't remember which one it was. I think it was the one pig two frogs one. I think...

Dunno about cut scenes because Disney's sticking most of all the good Easter extras on the blue ray version, forcing those of us who haven't to buy blue ray players. All that's doing is pretty much forcing my hand at having to learn how to upload DVD's I legally own onto my computer harddrive.
Well, you could do what I did, which was buy the dvd/blu ray combo, that way you get an actual DVD. I can tell you that, from what I've seen, only the intermissions (ie, when you pause the movie) are different on the disc. Cut scenes are the same (to my knowledge), movie is the same (though, I swear there's subtitles for Camilla and Chef on the blu ray and not the dvd, but I could be wrong).

Uh...*looks around* send me a PM, Counters, I shall hook you up with a few things to help getting your dvds to your PC hard drive. With the exception of a few dvds, every movie I have is on an external hard drive; makes moving so much easier, you have no idea.

That reminds me, we should send her an invite if she wants to join HV. Now if I could get some inspiration/organization for my next pet project. :batty:
I....DO want to join HV.

What is that?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
You know I am a fan of frog/pig snuggling, so I really enjoyed seeing the whole marriage resolved (again) in your story. I enjoyed Kermit's realization that things have changed, and that he can't automatically assume what Piggy wants any more. I like better a Kermit who draws confidence from the knowledge that Piggy loves him and wants to please him than I do a Kermit who assumes Piggy loves him and will do what he says because of that. Kermit and Piggy have both been allowed to show emotional growth and emotional depth in the past two movies.

In the book, after they first argue over the wedding, Kermit tells Piggy that he loves her. In the wedding, he tells ALL the muppets that he loves them. For some strange reason, Disney felt like we shouldn't get those scenes--goodness forbid that Kermit could admit to (gasp!) adult emotions!

Thanks for bringing the frog and the pig back into blissful communion.

Ru

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
You know I am a fan of frog/pig snuggling, so I really enjoyed seeing the whole marriage resolved (again) in your story. I enjoyed Kermit's realization that things have changed, and that he can't automatically assume what Piggy wants any more. I like better a Kermit who draws confidence from the knowledge that Piggy loves him and wants to please him than I do a Kermit who assumes Piggy loves him and will do what he says because of that. Kermit and Piggy have both been allowed to show emotional growth and emotional depth in the past two movies.
Glad you enjoyed! :big_grin:

I admit I was actually shocked and surprised that both Piggy and Gonzo didn't jump on board. I will even go so far and say even Fozzie had been reluctant about coming back, but in the case of Fozzie and Gonzo, they immediately changed their minds; Piggy let time pass and I'm sure that wasn't cause she was flying out from Paris.

That's why I kinda suspended my belief that even those closest to Kermit wouldn't have spotted the fake, especially based on the last movie, given that they had just gotten back together. And honestly, I could see Piggy enjoying the attentions of Constantine, but as we clearly see, even she was starting to suspect something was going on and I think if Kermit/Walter/Fozzie hadn't crashed the wedding, it would've been Piggy would've said no/leaving the alter.

In the book, after they first argue over the wedding, Kermit tells Piggy that he loves her. In the wedding, he tells ALL the muppets that he loves them. For some strange reason, Disney felt like we shouldn't get those scenes--goodness forbid that Kermit could admit to (gasp!) adult emotions!

Thanks for bringing the frog and the pig back into blissful communion.

Ru

See, now I'm gonna have to get the book cause the books seem to explain a lot of stuff that the movie leaves out; such as the reason the pig and frog broke up in the first place. I was telling the Count that there was a trailer for the movie (I THINK it's the One Pig, Two Frogs one...The Muppets shared it with me on G+) where Kermit says I love you, to someone, and if I remember correctly, he was wearing a tux.

Not sure why Disney wouldn't show that, I mean, you look at their track record and a lot of their characters have said the 'l' word - in fact, many of their fairy tales have it and I know their live action movies have it too, so why not in the Muppets? I mean, come on, I've been watching Muppets since...80 something, so a good 25, 30 years here knowing that the frog and pig are together.

Now I just gotta wait for the movie and hope that the dvd/blu ray pack doesn't cost $30 like the last movie.