Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Katzi428

Reaction score
To be honest, I wasn't crazy about the movie. There were a few funny parts . But *spoiler alert* wouldn't you think Fozzie Piggy etc. would have noticed earlier that Kermit didn't seem like (or even TALK) like himself?? It took Walter to notice. The new guy around!:rolleyes:

Sorry...but I'm not seeing it again. I hope TMS Seasons 4 & 5 come out soon.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
To be honest, I wasn't crazy about the movie. There were a few funny parts . But *spoiler alert* wouldn't you think Fozzie Piggy etc. would have noticed earlier that Kermit didn't seem like (or even TALK) like himself?? It took Walter to notice. The new guy around!:rolleyes:

I get you, it's more Scooby Doo than Muppets.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Call me crazy, but I'm glad Elmo didn't make that cameo. It would just add to the confusion of people mixing up Muppets and Sesame Street.

I fully agree. Besides, it's painfully obvious that Disney has been trying really hard to differentiate (or re-differentiate) the classic Muppets from the Sesame Street ones. It's bad enough that there are still a lot of people out there that can't separate them.

That's why Disney was so iffy about allowing Sesame to put Kermit on the cover of the Silly Storytime DVD, as well as being iffy about allowing Sesame to make new Kermit material.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score

Don't you remember? Right from the start, Animal was the only who saw that it wasn't the real Kermit (and eventually Fozzie and Walter noticed the whole scheme, later on). And I think we ALL want Seasons 4 and 5 to be released as soon as possible.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Nicely done, Pinkflower. :smile:

Also: While I do miss some of previous Sesame/TMS-cast interactions, I think it would have been too complicated to try to wedge Sesame cameos into the two Disney Muppet films (and I am BEYOND THRILLED that Elmo didn't show up).

And: Nobody's brought this up yet, but I'm torn on the concept that all the clips Constantine reviewed to master Kermit's voice were from Jim's performance of the character. After all, when you think of it, Steve has performed Kermit in all three situations depicted (Sesame Street reporter, Muppet Show intro, and "Rainbow Connection" - hey, the last two were done in the last movie!).

I know the filmmakers were going for a blend of humour and nostalgia in that sequence, and I think it worked. I just hope Steve wasn't offended that it was solely Jim-as-Kermit used in this instance.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
No reason to be offended and I seriously doubt he would be. That's like being offended if they used Mel Blanc to represent Looney Tunes or Walt Disney to represent, well, Disney! Steve's goal was to recreate what Jim had done. The goal was not to "replace" Jim.