The Next Dreamworks Classic Media movie is...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hot Stuff the devil?!

It's got a Bob's Burger's writer at least. Sounds like it could be funny.

But really? They go for the most obscure Harveytoons character they could have, huh? Makes sense. Richie Rich and Casper had movies... Baby Huey had that... Easter special thing where he was a guy in a suit for some reason. Still, I kinda wish they'd go to the Total Television branch of Classic Media and reboot Underdog as something that isn't a hateful embarrassment. Peabody and Sherman was the best of all the Jay Ward Cartoon based films (but with competition like Boris and Natasha and Dudley Do-Right, that's not much of a stretch), I think they could have done a solid, respectable Underdog film that made everyone forget about that Disney flop.

Still, sounds alright, I guess. Can't wait for religious groups to get up in arms about a movie about a cartoon devil.

(oh, and thanks whoever helped fix the title. By the time I caught it, it was too late, and somehow you can't correct the title if you have a typo).

mr3urious

Reaction score
Even though I've never heard of Hot Stuff, there's a lot of potential for a movie about a mischievous baby devil. I'm sure those Bob's Burgers writers could make it work.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I never really read Hot Stuff, and I'm kinda disappointed only one of the Casper DTV movies has Spooky and Poil in it (the Christmas one... it really isn't bad, if you look past the primitive CGI). Seems like they're going for a much sassier character than Casper. Nice to see, actually, them working other angles of Classic media's intensely large back library.

Betchya they'll work Casper or someone into the film as a cameo, even though they didn't work a Bullwinkle one in Peabody and Sherman (except for some background picture I missed).

Now what would REALLY be awesome is if Dreamworks and Universal worked out a deal to either release the 90's Casper cartoon on DVD or streaming online. I have to admit, i was never wild about Casper until that Fox Kids cartoon.