Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I've only seen it once but would love to see it again on a big screen before it's done - sadly, theatres showing it in my neck of the woods require a minimum 90-minute drive, and with my tight schedule that's pretty much out of the question.

But we have a new project in our town that sees recently-run movies shown on a big screen just prior to their DVD release (it's a joint venture between the local police department and the town's high school), so hopefully MMW will come up for consideration in a couple of months. The thought of basically being able to walk to one last screening of MMW absolutely delights me.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I STILL have yet to see it a second time while it's in theaters! Eventually I will, but in the meantime, I have to depend on the short clips that are on YouTube and of course, I have the soundtrack!

You know, last night, I watched Despicable Me 2 with my mom and two of my younger sisters, and for some reason it actually reminded me of Muppets Most Wanted, considering that they're both like comedy capers.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
If you're talking about Muppets Most Wanted, how big was the audience during the 3 trips you took?
The first time on opening day not too crowded but I honestly think it had to do with the time of day we went. When we came out though there were people waiting to get in for the next show so I took that as positive sign. And they had the movie in one of the bigger theaters that you'd expect films like Captain America to be in so also positive. The second time attendance was better. The third time I went to a different theater and still not a crowd but ironically they were best audience IMO simply because they reacted at a lot of the scenes and even clapped at the end.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
The first time on opening day not too crowded but I honestly think it had to do with the time of day we went. When we came out though there were people waiting to get in for the next show so I took that as positive sign. And they had the movie in one of the bigger theaters that you'd expect films like Captain America to be in so also positive. The second time attendance was better. The third time I went to a different theater and still not a crowd but ironically they were best audience IMO simply because they reacted at a lot of the scenes and even clapped at the end.
I see. The reason I asked was because when I went to see it the day after it came out, there was barely anyone else there to see it (I don't remember for sure how many other people were in the theater). 2 weeks later, my friend took her 8 or 9 year old son to see the movie, and there were 9 other people in the theater besides them. It got me to thinking about the theaters you all went to.

Also, I don't know if anyone posted about it yet, so if it has been posted, I deeply apologize for being repetitive. To all of you guys out there who are fans of the song, there's an acapella version of "I'll Get You What You Want (Cockatoo in Malibu)" on YouTube:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Trust me there weren't many people the first and third times I went. The first time I really thought I was gonna cry cause I had such high expectations about the theater being packed like the last film so when it wasn't it sort of took my optimism away thinking it was gonna do well. Like I said when you can count how many people are in the theater that's not really a good sign is it? It's almost like it's been a prediction of the Muppets future, yeah I'm probably exaggerating on that but it just feels like a bad omen.

The second time was better it wasn't packed but there were more seats filled. The third time there was literally including myself only 5 but I felt like I was with a bunch of people from this place because the reactions were the most positive I had seen.

I know people on here are sick of the negative feedback but it's almost like they don't wanna see what's in front of them. I've tried to be optimistic about this and there have been times where I just wanted to ignore the box office numbers but I can't. It might reach budget and maybe not a flop as a Muppet film but most of us aren't exactly throwing confetti and balloons here are we?