• 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

galagr

Reaction score
Veering off this little dispute...

Had a thought today. Many times during the film, Constantine says that he can give the Muppets whatever they want.

So...another way we could look at the title is that a big part of Constantine's plan is giving the Muppets what they "most wanted" to distract them in order to get the crown jewels!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Veering off this little dispute...

Had a thought today. Many times during the film, Constantine says that he can give the Muppets whatever they want.

So...another way we could look at the title is that a big part of Constantine's plan is giving the Muppets what they "most wanted" to distract them in order to get the crown jewels!

I'll take it! Great thinking.

Ruahnna

Reaction score
One of the things I really enjoyed seeing in these last two movies that I don't remember ever seeing before--not really--was we got to see "Kermit the Showman." On The Muppet Show, if Scooter said, "Hey Boss, I just booked some yodeling mushrooms!" Kermit would say, "Oh, good!" as though he really thought the crowd would just LOVE that. (Ahem.) In his dorky little soul, I think Kermit does think that all acts (okay, most acts, excluding Lew Zealand) are pretty much good in their own way. In AVMMC, he says to Gonzo and Amy the Dancing Brick, "You just haven't found the right audience yet!" (Not sure what that says about us, right?)

But in both of the last movies, we actually get to see the difference between what Kermit thinks and the polished (okay, work with me here, okay) performance that he gives the audience. Cases in point: When Gonzo's act goes wrong, when Kermit is just about to pop through the "O" in the middle of Show, when he is introducing acts that he has no idea will be entertaining or not, like Walter. He also lies shamelessly to Fozzie about his performance in Reno. The closest we've seen him come before to this kind of duplicity was AVMMC, in bits and pieces, such as the auditions, and when commenting on Piggy's act (which is, by the way, outstanding enough to pack the house and save the show, thank you very much).
I know Kermit is a Sesame Street kind of frog, and I don't really approve of lying, but I actually like Kermit better for seeing the difference between his show-biz self and his real self. I think we were a little robbed in this last movie, because in the book (and in the script), Kermit not only tells Piggy he loves her but she drives him nuts, but he yells at the whole muppet cast and crew and says the same thing. Basically, (I'm paraphrasing), I LOVE you guys, but you
drive me CRAZY! And because I love you, I'm going to ride herd on this show (quite literally, sometimes) and make sure that we HAVE an audience and ENTERTAIN that audience so that we KEEP having audiences for you to perform to. So if you're mad at me this week for not letting you do an act, try again! Goodness knows Lew Zealand has, and I almost NEVER let Lew go on!
Not for nothing does Miss Piggy call Kermit Mon Capitan. He is the captain. He's their fearless leader. He's my hero. (Yes, Walter--it's okay if he's your hero, too.)

Ru

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Wow Walk away from this convo for just a day and get lost within a huge debate! Love the new movie though!

JimAndFrank

Reaction score
Wow Walk away from this convo for just a day and get lost within a huge debate! Love the new movie though!

I know how you feel, I leave for work, come back and THIS has erupted. It's a sure fire way to keep me entertained.

Oh darn, I'm out of popcorn!

Anyways, putting my two cents in about the Figs (sorry about bringing it back to the fore!) I thought they were freakin' adorable! I want one! And I want them to have one, fer real! Not just a green piglet or a pink tadpole either, I'm talking a dead-set hybrid mix: green skin, pig ears, no nose, tiny hooves, blonde hair and blue eyes with slanted pupils. It'd look so weird, but awww how cute!

The reaction to the Figs in the cinema (all three times- four tomorrow!) was always the same. The little kids freaked out, the bigger kids laughed, the adults chuckled and the diehard fans ( me, myself and I) were on the floor out of excitement and laughter. It really is the best sight gag in the entire film.

Oh and BTW: Princeton, if I ever catch you insulting Brian again, I will set Jareth on you and I assure you that there will be no Hoggle to help you back out of the Labyrinth. Sometimes ingnorance isn't bliss. That's all I'm going to say on the matter, but you have been warned...

Again, I apologise for bringing this thread backwards. May the conversation go onwards towards a brighter subject. Any takers?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I absolutely loved MMW; this is the movie that TM11 wanted to be and was marketed to be but failed to be. Jim and Richard are smiling from heaven in approval for the first time because their best characters (Rowlf and Scooter) are back with lotsa lines and plenty o'screen time. Some random thoughts:
-Since this movie is a clear tribute to MTM and GMC, there were two huge missed opportunites: 1) The priest should have sang in the wedding scene 2) Half the movie takes place in museums and NO BASEBALL DIAMOND REFERENCE???
-Walter is now officially my fourth least favorite Muppet. The Muppets only have room for one complete innocent and that's Fozzie, so stop trying to give Walter Christ-like perfection.
-Again, there was a cringe-worthy line from Fozzie (but nowhere near 'fart shoes' level): When Jesus... I mean Walter tells Fozzie about Dominic paying for good reviews, Fozzie says "How come we never thought of that?" Really Fozzie, you would have been dishonest just to get to get good reviews? I thought stuff like that didn't matter to him and I'm sure Kermit would agree.
-I hate Sam, but he was used well in this film because it was the first time that he was not directly involved with the Muppets and that's as it should be.
-I loved the Figs. This is what the Cratchit kids in MCC SHOULD HAVE looked like, but no, Brian Henson had to be lazy.

I had to go back and look for what everyone was talking about and finally found this! Wow I really don't know where to begin with everything that I find wrong with this, but I do have one thing to say. I'm a huge fan of the work and of the person of Brian Henson, and there is not a lazy bone in his career. He was simply following the story of the Christmas Carol and the children that Bob Chitchat had.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bob_Cratchit

To also refer to Walter as Christ like is way off the mark that it's not even funny, it's just flat out wrong.