Whimzie's House? A Closely Muppet related show?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wellp, there goes my new sitcom straight down the drain before it even had a change to be actually fleshed out beyond scripts.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Wellp, there goes my new sitcom straight down the drain before it even had a change to be actually fleshed out beyond scripts.
I disagree. The thing about Whimsy was that all of the characters (in color, style, Henson facial "triangle" proportions, construction, contraptions, materials etc.) resembled the "Muppet look" so it wasn't just one thing. They also probably didn't consult with the Henson Company before going forward. I'm sure if they had they could have made a few alterations to avoid a lawsuit. And these changes could have turned out to be a good thing in setting their brand apart from the Muppets. It could have bumped up the quality.

So, keep going with your project. Don't worry. And if you have any concerns right before commercial production ask them if any changes need to be made just in case.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I will say this, the same guy that did the voice of the Blue puppet was the same voice actor as Binky Barnes as Arthur.
That's because Cinar (now Cookie Jar) co-produced Arthur.

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's because Cinar (now Cookie Jar) co-produced Arthur.
Right... but then again, I really dislike Cookie Jar right now (for the whole DIC merger... not too thrilled at DIC either). Of course, a lot of these voice actors that Cinar used have other projects . You can hear the voice of Sonia Ball (Arthur's mother) as Polly Ester in the old Samurai Pizza Cats dub... and I swore I heard a bunch of Arthur voice actors for the Canadian English dub of The New Adventures of Lucky Luke. They aren't exclusively in contract with them, and some may be freelance. Really stinks, because they didn't even bring their A Game for Whimzie, and they are all pretty talented.

SillyRed

Reaction score
I heard some Arthur voice actors in Sagwa also.

dinoboy

Reaction score
wasn't there a Whimzie house cameo in an episode of Arthur, where Jetta has become a bed wetter because of medical reasons, and brought a pull up with her but feared that everyone else will think it's a diaper. Anyway, during the episode, she got to sleep in Muffy's waterbed, and couldn't sleep and decided to turn on the tv by the bed. Sounds like a great convenience, and upon flipping through the channels, an animated scene came on where three of the kids form Whimzie's house Jonas, Lou Lou, and Horace appear and ask if you can say the sound of the letter P

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
wasn't there a Whimzie house cameo in an episode of Arthur, where Jetta has become a bed wetter because of medical reasons, and brought a pull up with her but feared that everyone else will think it's a diaper. Anyway, during the episode, she got to sleep in Muffy's waterbed, and couldn't sleep and decided to turn on the tv by the bed. Sounds like a great convenience, and upon flipping through the channels, an animated scene came on where three of the kids form Whimzie's house Jonas, Lou Lou, and Horace appear and ask if you can say the sound of the letter P
3:39

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Compared to a lot of other drivel out there, "Wimzie's House" wasn't THAT bad.
Maybe not on a par with "Puzzle Place" or "Between the Lions", but still leagues ahead of maybe... something like... oh, I don't know... ...."Peppermint Park"?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have problems with it, but it's really not that bad. There was an effort, but it appears that most of it was lost in translation somehow.

Puppets looked very good, though. If there's one area they did well in, at least you can say it was that.