Is "Working in the Coal Mine" in a past Muppet production?

Squigiman

Reaction score
Hey Gang,
I haven't posted in a little while, but I figured I'd reach out to you about this, as this is driving me a little crazy. I hope this doesn't spoil anything, but the song, "Working In The Coal Mine", is featured in Muppets Most Wanted. Hearing it took me back, thinking it was reuse, having appeared in a previous Muppet production. I was thinking it was an episode of The Muppet Show, and that it is how/where I first discovered the song.

However, when I looked it up and found the Muppet Wiki article, the only mention is of the use in the new film. Am I just totally nuts on this? Is there some other production aimed at kids, from the past, that featured the song, and I'm getting them confused? Was there a similar song featured on TMS, and THAT is the confusion? Any help in solving this mystery would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, in advance!

-Zach

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
As far as I know, the Muppets never covered this song. Which, I'm sure, is part of the reason why it was used in MMW. It's the type of song the Muppets would have performed on TMS or even MT.

Squigiman

Reaction score
Yes, I did check Wikipedia, as well as Muppet Wiki. I am not sure why I feel like this was something I remembered from TMS. I believe it, but at the same time, I'm not sure when I was first exposed to the song, then, as I don't especially remember just hearing it on the radio or anything. Very odd. Thanks, either way!

-Zach