Coming Soon: Sesame Street Season 45

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's just a initiative video, most likely.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Probably is.

They've been doing much, much better with initiatives this last season. The self regulation stuff gave us Crummy Pictures and some great Cookie Monster moments, and the Hispanic/Latino culture one had some great episodes- especially remembering Rosita was a key Hispanic character and not the other other female friend of Elmo.

Peace

Reaction score
Despite the reasons why, I'm happy that they recast Elmo. My opinion is that, with Clash gone, they might not be giving so much focus to Elmo anymore. They're keeping him around, but it seems like he'll be more of a team player now. Part of the ensemble cast, rather than the star, shall we say, which is nice for Ryan Dillon too, considering how odd it would be to have new blood thrust into a leading role, before having the chance to build up a rapport with the other Muppeteers.

I hope Dillon gets some characters of his own eventually, so we can see what he can really do. (A la Matt Vogel, who for years I just knew as "Carroll Spinney's understudy" but who has since become a very talented performer in his own right).

Drtooth

Reaction score
Seems like he's just slightly under the usual capacity, but that's also due to Cookie's expanded role as part of the self-regulation initiative. That educational video supplement basically says they're still trying to get Abby and Elmo to be a thing. I like Abby, I like Elmo... they just don't go together that well. They sort of do when there's tension in the story, but they rarely get the characters that mad at each other.

Besides, Elmo and Zoe always play wonderfully together. I HATE fan pairing crap, but Elmo X Zoe as far as I'm concerned. EIG pretty much solidifies that. Abby plays well off of characters that can get really frustrated or worried (Oscar, Telly, Baby Bear).

samusek2

Reaction score
It seems that they are currently taping the "Word of the Day segments". I was checking out the Muppet Wiki page for Season 45 and saw that they have added recent Twitter and Instagram links from a few celebrities. (Kat Dennings, Zachary Levi, Emmy Rossum, Mindy Kaling and Brittany Snow). Correct me if I'm wrong, but when I was checking out the page for the current season, Did they not start filming the remainder of the "WOTD" segments in June? (I am not sure how many of the other guests listed will be WOTDs)
I wonder when the press pack will come out.

http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Season_45_(2014)

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Kat Dennings? Thanks for the heads up, Sam. I was a big fan of her in "Raising Dad" and I'm now watching her current show "2 Broke Girls."

DTF

Reaction score
Kat Dennings? Thanks for the heads up, Sam. I was a big fan of her in "Raising Dad" and I'm now watching her current show "2 Broke Girls."
Cool; "Raising dad was good, had it come on a few years later it might have done better, as people began to enjoy the more wholesome shows again. Too bad, too - I rather enjoyed coming up with a possible screenplay to sell t6o them that would have let "Full House" had an epilogue as Stephanie could have appeared, with bob Saget in some comical mistaken identit6y. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1032694/1/Sweet-Proposals It's here, if you're interesrted.

Status
Not open for further replies.