Counting Vacation

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, it is I, :batty:. Well, not really, it's just the guy who has :batty: as his screen name.

Wanted to post this today and not yesterday so you don't think this is an April Fool's joke (which it isn't). I'll be leaving this Wednesday on a week-long vacation with my best friend. We'll be attending a few events live and dining on some good ol' food, might pick up a few little knickknacks or additions to my apparel as well. I've already notified Phillip about this so he'll hopefully be handling all the reportage issues and/or spambot members who try to sneak in during the middle of the night. So my replies to any threads I'm following like fics or MUP3 requests or anything else will have to wait until I return.

Hope to see everybody later and have a good day.
Go UConn!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Have a good time on your vacation! Hope the weather cooperates with you wherever you go.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Charlie, I think it most definitely will.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw thanks Beakerfan. On my way, the countdown's begun.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi guys, you've probably noticed I returned from a week-long vacation spent with my best real-life friend in New Orleans. We went there primarily for all the WrestleMania 30 events, but we also enjoyed ourselves exploring the town square in the downtown section of the city, as well as the French Quarters with all the shops they have there.

But let's get to what you guys probably might appreciate more... All the Muppet connections/references I managed to find.
1 We had a GPS device to help us get where we wanted to go within the city. At one point it said: "Turn left on Bear Street." And of course, you know I had to say it...
:smile:: "Bear left."
:embarrassed:: "Right frog."
2 There's actually a street called South Rampart Street, which reminded me of the song "South Rampart Street Parade" from the TMS episode gueststarring Cheryl Ladd, Season 3 Episode 24. BTW: If anyone has a MUP3 of that they could send me, I'd appreciate it.
3 In the downtown area of the city, they have trolleys that'll take you across the streets for a fee. The trolley reminded me naturally of Mr. Trolley zooming off to Make-Believe Land in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.
4 We passed a shop called Waldorf & Atler's Antiques Store. Wait, was that "Waldorf & Statler's Antiques Store?"
:embarrassed:: They're certainly old enough to be antiques. Aaaaah.
:boo: So are your jokes!
5 We stopped at Café Dumont for an order of beignets, listening to the music played by the saxophonist inside. The entire trip gave me a better appreciation of :cool:. But the thing is that on Tuesday, the song "Somewhere Over The Rainbow" was being played almost everywhere. And not only that, but while we were eating and the sax player moved on to other songs, I recognized another song sung by Robin, "Someone To Watch Over Me."
6 Moving on to do a little souvenir shopping on our last day, we found a place called The Little Toy Shop where they had Muppet and Sesame plush dolls including one of :batty:.
7 As I've mentioned elsewhere, the Creole Creamery had an ice cream flavor named after :insatiable: which is cookie dough ice cream loaded with chocolate chips and Oreo pieces. If it were actual cookie dough ice cream I'd try it, but not if it's just vanilla ice cream with dough lumplings which I hate.
8 Exiting the ice cream parlor my friend saw and took a picture of a full rainbow. And you know that just makes me think of Kermit's song about rainbows.
9 At the Orlando International Airport while waiting for our connecting flight back home, we meandered for a spell, walking over to the Disney Store located inside the terminal. I was disappointed there was no Nightmare Before Christmas merch available, maybe at the other store, but that one was outside the terminal, and if we went there—which we certainly could have since we had more than enough time to do so—that would mean having to go through security again upon reentering the airport, so we decided against it. There was a nice Muppet find at the in-terminal store though, a keyring with a couple of charms in the shape of the heads of both :smile: and :mad:.
10 Oh yeah. Also managed to get my copy of the MCE at a Barns & Noble located on Manhattan Boulevard nearby the hotel we were staying at.

Sorry I don't have pics of any of these, but at least my Muppet report's been filed. Thanks to everyone and I'm happy to be back home here at MC.

Hayley B

Reaction score
That's great to hear that you had such a wonderful trip and got to do such wonderful & cool things.

One random question while thinking of New Orleans. Do they still have that abandoned Six Flags?