Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
Not the fans, but the movie critics. I've ranted about that soundly already, no need to go back into that detail.

But yeah. Critics that gave this a negative review gave it a negative review for pretty idiotic reasons. Essentially for daring to be a different movie than the last one that had different human stars.

MWoO

Reaction score
I do think Jason should have done a small cameo at the start, if for no other reason than because the movie starts off right where the last one left off. I get him not having a main part in the movie, but not doing a short cameo was odd to me. It doesn't effect my view of the movie at all, just thought it would have been nice.

Sadly yes, some people did not get the irony behind Piggy's singing. Why anyone would think the song was chosen to be "hip" is beyond me. In context it's actually a great choice.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Sadly yes, some people did not get the irony behind Piggy's singing. Why anyone would think the song was chosen to be "hip" is beyond me. In context it's actually a great choice.
Let's also note that the Sesame Street characters did that song near the crux of its popularity unironically and it still wasn't very good.

I'm actually surprised they didn't do it straightforward on Muppets Tonight. It's not like the Muppets haven't done bad songs before.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
So... people actually didn't get the song was used ironically, especially since the audience in the film cringed at it?

I'm sure it's the same group that think the movie was a disappointment because Jason Segal wasn't in it. :rolleyes:
I got that it was meant to be ironic. But like I said earlier, it felt like the joke was ON the Muppets in this film. We were being asked to laugh AT them, not WITH them. That's not why I go to see a Muppet movie. The writers had a very shallow understanding of the Muppets. And even if they couldn't articulate it in the moment, I imagine that is why my theater audience and some of the critics weren't that into it either. Like that Red Letter guy says, "You didn't notice...but your brain did." :wink:

MWoO

Reaction score
I got that it was meant to be ironic. But like I said earlier, it felt like the joke was ON the Muppets in this film. We were being asked to laugh AT them, not WITH them. That's not why I go to see a Muppet movie. The writers had a very shallow understanding of the Muppets. And even if they couldn't articulate it in the moment, I imagine that is why my theater audience and some of the critics weren't that into it either. Like that Red Letter guy says, "You didn't notice...but your brain did." :wink:
Well as I said in my earlier post, the point was the show is terrible without Kermit because the muppets will do any old number that pops into their head. The whole point of the sequence is that the show runs wild without Kermit there to guide it and that even though Constantine is giving them everything they want, he isn't actually giving them what they need. What they want is freedom to do anything, what they need is guidance and discipline just like any group of talent. You can take the best group of performers and put them together for a show, but if no one plans out the show right odds are it will be terrible, regardless of the talent.

As for shallow writing, it seems on par with GMC to me. The love story between Kermit and Piggy wasn't shallow at all. I would call the movie light hearted, certainly not as emotionally heavy handed like the last. It was a movie made for fun. GMC was also a movie made for fun and to be a silly adventure. You think not being able to tell Kermit and Constantine apart is bad? how about not being able to tell Kermit and Fozzie apart when they both wear a hat?

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I do adore the Wendy Williams interview because she does treat Piggy as the grand diva guest star that she is. She trots out the shoe cam (fabulous shoes) and the ring cam to check out Piggy's accessories.

Speaking of accessories--what the deuce happened to BK, Piggy's signature ring. In blinging Miss Piggy up for the movie and interviews, they had not always shown her in BK. Maybe BK is being resized for her other hand to make room for a huge diamond engagement ring? (I'm sure Kermit knows enough to go to Tiffany's.)

Check about 8 minutes in for one of my favorite scenes in all of muppetdom.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Dr Tooth--has anyone HERE actually said that they didn't like the movie because Jason and Amy weren't in it? I have not seen anyone here say that. Many fans here have given cogent, articulate reasons for what they liked AND what they didn't. You don't have to demean or denigrate those who hold other opinions than you. CONVINCE us with the power of your argument. (And please stop rolling your eyes at those you disagree with.)
I don't think he meant anyone here feels that way...I think you jumped to conclusions on that.