Muppets Most Wanted Press Reviews

Drtooth

Reaction score
Also, if you ask me, in the next production, provided there is one, they should keep the celebrities to a minimal. In fact, they shouldn't even announce them. I can't tell you the amount of times if seen people comment "OMG this movie has Ricky Gervais/ Tina Fey in it worst movie ever they're soooo inappropriate for children" or (and this one is MUCH more common) "OMG this movie has Ross Lynch/Tom Hiddleston in it omg i bet they star and get two hours of screentime omg they're soooooo cute."

THAT'S IT! That must be it. Ricky's probably shooing away the prude crowd somehow.

galagr

Reaction score
THAT'S IT! That must be it. Ricky's probably shooing away the prude crowd somehow.

There actually was a thread over on the Rotten Tomatoes message board (by the way, would not recommend that message board. If you thought or forum was bad with trolls...yikes...) that was just dedicated to bashing Ricky. The thread got pretty lengthy, too. It must've been deleted though. It mainly said stuff like "Ooooh, I'm not seeing this movie ricky jervais will probably drop an f-bomb or something ohhhh noooo".

Speaking of Rotten Tomatoes, we all need to get our butts over their and give a positive audience rating. I've never seen one drop so fast. It was around 80 when the movie came out...now it's at 68. :ouch:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I've read tons of comments saying "I don't feel like seeing a movie with Ricky Gervais in it", it's quite possible he was one of the reasons why this movie made less money, it'd be a shame if it was, because he's really great in the movie.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I agree with the above statement. I am not a Ricky Gervais fan by any means because I don't care for his type of humor but he was excellent in this movie and the fact he was just as excited to work with The Muppets as Jason was got an A+ from me. And if anyone has kept up with the interviews of him and Constantine you can tell their just having loads of fun together.

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
Dutch press reviews are coming in and they are all positive. What I thought was funny is that the Dutch press are very pleased with Gervais. Great acting on his part. And the warmth of the Muppets is still real.

Only negative is in all papers that the negative side of Constantine is pushing too much against the happiness from the Muppets. The ending is great but the complete movie is a little bit to negative. The Papers with a grading system give is a 7/8 what can be translated to a B/A- Not too bad!