Movies You Like But Everyone Else Hates.

mr3urious

Reaction score
The Flintstones at least has impressive set designs, as well as impressive puppets courtesy of Jim Henson's Creature Shop.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I quite enjoyed both Flintstones movies. They had their fair share of problems, but nothing on the level of the "let's throw out what made the concept charming, and pump out a generic kiddy film script" of most cartoon remakes. But credit where credit is due, they created the entire prehistoric (or post apocalyptic) world of the cartoon. There was so much effort on every level in both films, which a lot of remakes lack.

And John Goodman was born to play Fred.

But when it comes to these remakes, I hate how they get the same reaction when they do the research and make a solid recreation as they do when they just slap the names on generic characters in a bland script.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Another movie I like but everyone hates is It's Pat. I find it a very funny movie. TV Tropes mentions this in its "so bad it's horrible" page. That page mentions things like the sketches not being that funny in the first place (I haven't seen many of the original SNL sketches, but the ones I've seen were funny) and that the film never reveals whether Pat is a man or a woman (does that really need to be the point of a film about a character whose entire purpose is that nobody knows? Even though the audience never knows, other characters in the film do). I thought it was really funny. Though I did think the few scenes where Pat interacted with characters who didn't seem concerned about knowing what Pat was (like when Pat got fired from Pat's job as a mailman, or the scenes with Ween) were a bit odd.

I remember when I first saw this, I would jokingly ask people (whether I already knew them or not) if they were a man or woman (one of my cousins told me not to ask his girlfriend that upon meeting her). After seeing that I wanted to make a movie about somebody who nobody knows the gender of (I've changed my mind about that long ago).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My feelings about that Flintstones movie are more along the lines of a love-hate kind of thing.

It's certainly not a bad movie at all, it definitely came from a time when modern remakes of nostalgic franchises were actually good... and with the possible exception of Rosie as Betty (she wasn't bad, but she wasn't good), there really isn't a sour note with the live action cast. However, for some reason, at times, I just can't bring myself to watch it, for whatever reasons, I honestly don't know why.

As for Viva Rock Vegas... ehh, that one was a bit of a let-down.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
I just saw the Nostalgia Critic's review of Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland and, while I totally, utterly 100% agree with him on how bad it was, I still enjoy it! I still like the story (in a weird, 'what-if' kind of way), I still like the visuals (when you can see them through the darkness) I enjoyed these actors as these characters (while they unashamedly and beautifully hammed it up) and I still like it as a film about women (even though, like Frozen, it could've been a LOT better).

Also, I have a huge thing for lady knights or women in armour.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The first two "Death Wish" films were really decent, but there was no point in stretching it out to four sequels. One was plenty. Charles Bronson goes on a vigilante crusade cleaning up the city streets of murderers, gang bangers, and drug kings. (Sonia Manzano from "Sesame Street" had a bit part in the first one).
Best of all were the soundtracks- Herbie Hancock composed the first, Jimmy Page scored #2. 3, 4, and 5 were garbage, though. Shoulda quit while they were ahead.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
My guess would be the Back To The Future III. I am so sure not everybody liked this thirs movie of the trilogy. Everybody else does not want to hear BATF - Part III going "Hate it with a passion" and that makes me sad.

What's the problem with a western theme? I like movies with western themes. I just don't get it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's not a horrible film, by any means. BTTF suffers from being a 2 part trilogy. As we all know, the sequel hook at the end of the first movie was a joke. Then they made it. There's like a bookend at the end of the third film, but nothing really ties the third one into the first, only the second.

But it is a fun little movie for what it is. It did establish the "there's a Tannen in every period" thing that was hilarious in the cartoon series.

mr3urious

Reaction score
It's a far more distant film than Part II, but I still like it. I also like the little callbacks to the past two films, such as Biff Tannen's ancestor getting knocked out into a cart of manure.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
My guess would be the Back To The Future III. I am so sure not everybody liked this thirs movie of the trilogy. Everybody else does not want to hear BATF - Part III going "Hate it with a passion" and that makes me sad.

I like the movie, but I like the first two better. I like the second film best, and the third one least.

I don't think people hate it as much as it is almost everybody's least favorite in the trilogy. James Rolfe included it in a video on the top ten sequels that are not as bad as everybody says. I don't care about the western theme as much as the time travel element (Part II has them going to the past, present, and future, and is the only one where we see them go to past 1985), but it's still got plenty of memorable stuff going for it (though I guess less lines I like to quote).

As far as trilogies and franchises go, this is probably one of the best "third movies".