Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

Drtooth

Reaction score
Mr. Peabody's actually quite good, especially compared to the other Jay Ward films (especially especially Dudley Do-Right which was incredibly directionless with only the villain attempting to emulate the cartoon). Heck, compared to most cartoon remakes, it's well done. I shudder to think what the live action CGI hybrid one Universal would have been like. And I'll give them credit for making it an all CGI cartoon. I'm actually quite sick of Chimpunks like entertainment with flat human characters that don't want to be there with jumpy, cartoony CGI characters pasted on it. You're gonna have to make Peabody CGI, you might as well make the rest of the cast CGI as well. It looks better overall.

I'll say this for the last 2 Muppet movies... if there's anything that's "missing" or "off," it's something that's been missing or off for 20+ years now. These last two movies came very close to that, and very close is pretty much all anyone can accomplish. It's like trying to compare Duck Dodgers or Taz-Mania to "What's Opera Doc?" or "Duck Amuck." Then there's the opposite end of the scale when the same people are involved, but become sticks in the mud and we get something like the Star Wars prequels. You cannot flash freeze a franchise and characters and have them always be the same exact quality as their best project. The only options are come very close or drop the thing entirely to focus on something else (at the cost of characters becoming irrelevant). I mean, look at Mighty Mouse. Last time anyone saw him was an 80's cartoon series. And when was the last time you heard anyone talk about Mighty Mouse?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
They didn't remake or do a sequel of Casablanca either, yet people still talk about it.

Like I said awhile back, Looney Tunes was more on the mark creating all new characters with the spirit of the old, rather than constantly making awkward recreations of the old.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Edit: All that said, I don't know how anyone could flat out hate it. It was a really sweet movie. If I had kids, I would want them to see stuff like this, rather than junk like Mr. Peabody or whatever.

Mr. Peabody and Sherman was actually a really fantastic movie. I saw it this week (don't worry people, I also went to see Muppets Most Wanted AGAIN.) and I really loved it. It's a wonderful family film and accomplished a lot MMW didn't. I loved both movies, and Peabody wasn't better than any of the Disney Muppet movies, but I wouldn't dismiss it and call it garbage so quickly.

Now, on the discussion of Rio 2......now that's genuine trash.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They didn't remake or do a sequel of Casablanca either, yet people still talk about it.
Apples and Oranges. Casablanca never had to sell T-shirts or action figures. Plus, it's a movie, not a cartoon.