Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

muppfozz

Reaction score
Saw the movie last Sunday. I really, really liked it. I had to go out of town to see it because I was told by our local theater manager that it probably would not come to our town . I am sorry this movie did not seem to do very well in a critic review. Guess it needed more violence and junk. It did have Constantine with a gun, which I did not like could have been a rubber duck or something. Foo-Foo looked different . The guy who took Frank Oz place does such a wonderful job with Miss Piggy. but I think Fozzie needs more work. His voice sounds funny sometimes. I still long for Paul Williams songs but this time the songs seemed to bring it to up to date times. I am so glad another Muppet movie was even made. I read the children's book version of the Muppets Most Wanted and it ended differently then the movie. I could just sit at the theater and see a Muppet Movie with just all the wonderful Muppets making a Muppet Show again with guest stars. Yea ! Where are the 4th and 5th seasons of the Muppet Show ??????????????? I saw the "In memory of " almost at the very end of the credits. I think it should have been at the beginning of the movie or beginning of the credits at least. They helped make the Muppets with their talents and thrown in at the end of this movie. Sad I thought. On a happier note----This movie made my day better thanks Disney and a BIG THANKS to the Muppets.

muppfozz

Reaction score
I loved the references back to all the other Muppet movies. When I got home after seeing the movie I tried to remember all the references to all the other movies but can't now. I thought for sure Miss Piggy was going to dive into the water and do a little swim thing. Question ---How come there are no computer or Nintendo games from this movie ? That would have been fun.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
People giving this a bad wrap are out of their minds. What? Jason Segel and Amy Adams aren't in it? It MUST be crap. :rolleyes:
Just for the record, I had no particular desire to see Segel and Adams again and no, I have never and will never see Divergent, lol. And actually circa 1982 you were more likely to see edgy family films. TMM got in trouble for featuring smoking and drinking. MTM had jokes about shootings. MMW is part of the aftermath of the MPAA and parents groups neutering film. That's why instead of a con man named Plotsky, you now have one with the obnoxiously uncreative name of Badguy (yes I know they attempt to save the joke. It didnt work for me and it's still not edgy). It's OK to enjoy MMW but the absolute last thing I'd call this film is edgy. Either way, I just didn't like MMW beyond Kermit's scenes. What can you do? Lol

I don't think I have laughed at a Muppet so much before.
I have. Maybe that's the difference. :wink:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
That's pretty much how I felt about all the Muppet films before TM and MMW. None of them IMO were particularly funny which is why I ditched them for 12 years because they really weren't putting anything worth it. I hate to say that but IMO I would've rather had the Muppets just go away then to proceed with the crap they were putting out in the 1990's and early 2000's. Please don't bite off my head for giving an opinion but it was only thanks to the last film that I came fact as a fan.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I get you. I was a lot happier with TM2011 than with MMW. TM2011 didn't make me laugh too much but it was sweet and I appreciated the love and care that went into it. Especially after the previous films as you say.

Reaction score
So I went to see the movie for the third time this weekend. I went to a different theater to see if more people were there or how different the crowd was. (previous two times there were 10 people --taking into account me and my friends, in a 150 seats theater). This time around I went to a "VIP" one and I was happy that there were 8 people in the 36 seats. So I guess percentage wise it was a much better turn out.

I still can't get over how funny it is for Constantine to mess up or make up names for the muppets ZONGO.

I am going to see it again this weekend (for the 4th time), but at El Capitan theater! I will be in LA for a conference and won't miss a chance to see Piggy and Kermit sing! Has anyone been to the El Capitan Muppets screenings? I have read there is an ice cream place next door with a Muppets inspired sundae. Any pointers or tips would be very much appreciated!

ETA: I forgot to mention, I made my friends watch MTM this past week and they FINALLY got that MMW is more in line with the classic Muppets humor (I am trying to get them to watch TMS now haha). I got one of them to see the movie again with me and he said he enjoyed it a lot more the second time around now that he wasn't expecting something like TM(2011). I think *that* is the biggest problem MMW has... audiences are expecting TM and not classic Muppets stuff. Don't get me wrong, I LOVED TM(2011) because honestly I felt Walter represented us huge fans and even tho it tried to play a lot with pulling at the audience's heart strings, it truly made for a warm revival Muppets movie. It was lovely. However, not classic muppets extreme sillyness and antics. I just feel audiences need to know that this is old school muppets. ok, sorry about that long write up... rant over.