What is your least favorite Muppet Movie?

Bridget

Reaction score
That is very true, I agree. to be honest, I think that MFS was not phenomenal, but it was a pretty decent movie. I liked Gonzo and Rizzo in it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
MFS is very much Gonzo's movie. If that's taken into account it makes the film more enjoyable. Plus the scenes with Bobo and Jeffery Tambor are just priceless. I wish they made him the Wizard's bumbling assistant in MWO. I would have liked it more.

Bridget

Reaction score
I totally agree. In fact, one of my favorite bonus features of the movie is that you can watch along with Gonzo and Rizzo, and their remarks are hilarious. :smile:

David French

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
Over freaking Kermit's Swamp Years and Muppet Wizard of Oz, you mean?

Yeah. Those two really felt like Muppet films there.
Actually, I thought Muppet Wizard of Oz was entertaining and had a good script.

Drtooth

Reaction score
There is no defending MWO. The script was lousy and the whole thing was a commercial for American Idol. It was an embarrassment, and the poor reception not only killed all plans Disney had for the Muppets at the time, it also successfully killed "The Wonderful World of Disney." Yep. A decades long tradition died from a lame Wizard of Oz remake.

The only defense I ever hear if "it's true to the book." If that's the case, why bother making a Muppet Wizard of Oz when you can just make Wizard of Oz? There are those who didn't like MCC and MTI because the characters weren't playing themselves and using a pre-existing story. And I agree, that was a strange move and I prefer Muppet movies about the Muppets. But those films worked on the merits of strong scripts by Jerry Juhl. MWO was not only a step back in that direction after MFS and VMX, but the script was dark, cynical, UNMuppety, and overall trying desperately to do what worked in VMX and failing hard. This film didn't need to be made, and far better scripts that were tossed around after VMX. They were written in vain so a lackluster, overtold tale was made in its place.

In short, The Muppet Babies did a better Wizard of Oz in 5 minutes than the entire 80 minute film.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
The Muppets (2011). First of all, it was too sentimental and kind of sloppy, the script was "meh", and the characters seeemed off. The songs were pretty good, but everything else was not what I wanted to see. Out of 5 stars, I gave this movie a 3.

Muppets' Wizard Of Oz - Worst. Muppet. Movie Ever.

The sequel, "Muppet Most Wanted", I loved that movie and saw it more than once.

Sadly, I am also one of those Muppet fans not to be casual all the time. My life would be too boring if I wasn't becoming a true one.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
At the moment I'm seriously tempted to dub MMW as the worst I've ever seen, but the scenes with Kermit in the gulag gave it a couple points up.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Muppets' Wizard Of Oz - Worst. Muppet. Movie Ever.
There's so little to like in that film. Scooter's in it, the Electric Mayhem have a number (where they say the same thing over and over)... that's the only thing really good about it.

Considering some members are forcing it down my throat, I may give KSY a chance, but I'd still rather look for the physical video to purchase than watch it online.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
To be honest I dont hate any of the muppet films or tv films....but the worst ones for me have to be KSY or MCC but i still enjoy MCC everry once in a while. The best one by far is a tie between TMM and MMW

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
There is no defending MWO. The script was lousy and the whole thing was a commercial for American Idol. It was an embarrassment, and the poor reception not only killed all plans Disney had for the Muppets at the time, it also successfully killed "The Wonderful World of Disney." Yep. A decades long tradition died from a lame Wizard of Oz remake.

The only defense I ever hear if "it's true to the book." If that's the case, why bother making a Muppet Wizard of Oz when you can just make Wizard of Oz? There are those who didn't like MCC and MTI because the characters weren't playing themselves and using a pre-existing story. And I agree, that was a strange move and I prefer Muppet movies about the Muppets. But those films worked on the merits of strong scripts by Jerry Juhl. MWO was not only a step back in that direction after MFS and VMX, but the script was dark, cynical, UNMuppety, and overall trying desperately to do what worked in VMX and failing hard. This film didn't need to be made, and far better scripts that were tossed around after VMX. They were written in vain so a lackluster, overtold tale was made in its place.

In short, The Muppet Babies did a better Wizard of Oz in 5 minutes than the entire 80 minute film.

At the risk of being "evil-unpopular-opinion-girl" again, Muppets Wizard of Oz at least made me laugh more than once, which is more than I can say for The Muppets (not that it was a good movie, but at least there was that). I laughed once when I saw The Muppets (the barbershop quartet scene), smiled at a few cute scenes, and that was it.