Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
While I agree that it was somewhat mean-spirited for Stoller to apply a word like "stupid" to him, the truth is that Fozzie has never been the sharpest knife in the drawer
Mean spirited was the vibe I got from this entire film and it's a shame because I thought the Muppets had left that back in the '90s. I can't excuse this movie by putting Fozzie down (I know you're not trying to do that). Fozzie is naive perhaps but he has never been utterly oblivious and existed purely to be ridiculed. I can't bring myself to call that thing in the movie Fozzie. I'll go with Fonzie, at least that part was mildly amusing, heh.

Man this has been a long weekend, heh...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I though that Fozzie was really great twords the end of the movie where he and Kermit were doing things. I really don't see how anyone could have called Fozzie stupid in this move. I mean he was one of the Muppets who figured out what was going on.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
You'll notice that Fozzie was the first (after Animal) to actually figure out that Constantine WASN'T Kermit (even though he had a little "help" from a conveniently-splattered bit of guacamole...) :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Fonzie (not Fozzie) in this movie reminded me of Patrick from Spongebob after the show jumped the shark, heh. Yes, he figures something out, but in the most cringe worthy way possible.

I'm sorry for being such a pain, guys, you just have no idea how heart broken I was this weekend. I'm just done.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I think that deep down Fozzie, Piggy, and Animal all new something was up. I think that those three have the closets relationship with Kermit and could tell something was up.
Did anyone else notice how Constantine called Animal a dog, when telling Dominic about being found out. Then not even mention Animal when telling the other Muppets that Fozzie and Walter quit.

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Did anyone else notice how Constantine called Animal a dog, when telling Dominic about being found out. Then not even mention Animal when telling the other Muppets that Fozzie and Walter quit.
I noticed that, too.

Of course, whenever someone brings up that scene, I find myself wondering if I, as a reasonably-intelligent 41-year-old man, require intensive counselling because I actually find humour in the line "Walter and Fonzie have quit the Mappets."

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I find myself wondering if I, as a reasonably-intelligent 41-year-old man, require intensive counselling because I actually find humour in the line "Walter and Fonzie have quit the Mappets."
I would say no, because that's one of the (very few) lines I actually laughed at too. :halo:

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
With all due respect, I loved the movie. I even thought it was better than the first movie. Keep in mind that it was the villians and statler and Waldorf picking on Fozzie. This didn't make me feel like the entire movie was mean, but that certain characters were fulfilling their roles. And I was a little miffed at the fact that fewer recognized Kermit, but they had only just gotten back together and it was understandable that Kermit would be going through stress and that they would have to reconnect. I partly think that the reason that they didn't pay attention to him in the first place was because they wanted things to go well so badly that they were willing to overlook the obvious. I also felt that the writers had a bit of a better grasp of Muppets style writing- inside jokes, frequent fourth wall breaks, and the idea but good will win out in the end.
I also really enjoyed how the whole relationship between piggy and Kermit was dealt with. Far from being the happy ending that fans were expecting (and in some cases dreading), we have a bit more of their old dynamic, with hints of them developing more respect for each other. It seems that deep down Piggy admires Kermit's restraint; instead of grudgingly saying "that's Kermit" when the real Kermit's seems bashful about marrying her, she embraces him. That leads me to believe that she's not as dependent on Kermit and she used to be, even though she's still pressuring him in his relationship with her. Also, even though she's being a bit pushy about it, since they are in an official relationship, she does have the right to ask some of those questions.
Plus, it had Celine Dion. And ROBIN. And cute little frog/pig mutants. And callbacks to Muppet extras seen in the first movie and in classic episodes. To me, nothing can exactly match the tone of the original show, and if they tried, it would seem too forced. But there was such obvious love and attention put into the film that I really don't have much to complain about. It was a really good birthday present to see this today. And I would've wanted to watch the indoor running of the bulls :smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
The one quibble I have that knocks it down from "perfect" to "great" is the ruining of the wedding ending in what others here might call the "typical namby-pamby non-commital frog" Yes, it does allow for Piggy to unequivocally know which of the two frogs is "her" Kermit, but still, that was one of the two optionsI predicted the entire wedding scene would have.
I know what you mean. They sort of did something similar with Daphne and Fred in a Mystery, Inc. episode. That's sort of a common plotline with couples when they find one of them is a fake.

3 In "We're Doing A Sequel", :confused:'s line of "I don't mean to be a stickler, but this is the seventh sequel to our original motion picture."
Plus, I counted them. There were more than seven.

"Yeah, some might say at the expense of other long-standing beloved characters."
Yeah. Good reference to Rizzo and Robin having bit parts in the last movie.