Muppets Most Wanted Box Office Numbers

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yup, right on target with 9 to 10 million, which is a decent hold.
I really hope it makes just a little more just to kinda surpass those numbers and make up for the 3 mil deficit last week. I also hope that everyone involved understands that they released too many movies at the same time this month and that nothing's really making all that money. Noah's going to be a huge dud. Even if it has a strong showing this weekend, Captain America's in a week. You know that's going to take all the business and run with it.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Great news guys, MMW eased 33.1% to a $11,373,000 on its second weekend bringing its 10-day total to $33,210,000 and in foreign markets it now has $7,500,000. This brings its worldwide total to $40,710,000. Come on is it really a flop people? If it gets like $7 million next week that'll propel it to $40 million + weekday totals, so like $42 million, and after that it'd just need a mere $8 million to reach its budget. Right now it only needs $17 million to reach its budget, clearly reachable, lets just hope Rio 2 doesn't make much of an impact. The total for MMW's second weekend is even a larger total than TM 11's $11,082,755 at the same point. So really is this that much of a flop people, this might even be a minor success. Even a Forbes article says that it'll most likely reach its budget domestically and a little more.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Great news guys, MMW eased 33.1% to a $11,373,000 on its second weekend bringing its 10-day total to $33,210,000 and in foreign markets it now has $7,500,000. This brings its worldwide total to $40,710,000. Come on is it really a flop people?
Is that the actual box office, or is it the estimates? I was fooled by that last time. Seems that if it's an estimate, it's alright in numbers... if it's the total take, there's the entire day of Sunday to make a couple million more.

It'll make its budget back, for sure.
It's more than half way domestically, anyway. It'll probably continue to bring in some cash by the time it disappears, so it will probably make back around the budget. I'd say it just needs to make a LOT more overseas. At least bring the complete total to around 100 mil. It will still look like a better investment than "Everyone's offended that Johnny Depp wears a bird on his head, and doesn't bother to do the research to know he wasn't even playing a Native American" The Movie.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Is that the actual box office, or is it the estimates? I was fooled by that last time. Seems that if it's an estimate, it's alright in numbers... if it's the total take, there's the entire day of Sunday to make a couple million more.

It's more than half way domestically, anyway. It'll probably continue to bring in some cash by the time it disappears, so it will probably make back around the budget. I'd say it just needs to make a LOT more overseas. At least bring the complete total to around 100 mil. It will still look like a better investment than "Everyone's offended that Johnny Depp wears a bird on his head, and doesn't bother to do the research to know he wasn't even playing a Native American" The Movie.
It's an estimate, so it still has some of Sunday to make more cash.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Nice to see that this is getting a little more of a boost! :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
If it can manage about 11-12 or so, that would be good.

Honestly, I just want to see Noah fail. A big Budget flop like that? Makes the Muppets barely making back its budget look like nothing. I'd love to see Divergent fall hard as well.

On that subject: Here's a cracked article.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I am calm. But again I always prepare for the worst and hope for the best and I'm glad the best is winning. :smile: and I'm glad I was able to help contribute to it again on Friday. The attendance in the theater that night definitely made me smile.

atrane

Reaction score
the attendance in my theater this week seemed better this week too, for some reason. many more families this week versus last week...