You Ever Notice...and What's the Deal...

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's been a long time since I last saw the movie, but in Charlotte's Web, is the girl aware that her uncle is keeping Wilbur to cook him as bacon? She had kept Wilbur as a pet for some time, and when her father needed to sell or get rid of the pig, he decided to give it to his brother, so the girl can still see Wilbur... Seems weird that her uncle would keep his niece's "pet" just to kill it for food. Or is it ever said that he was in fact planning to make bacon from him (or was that just an assumption made by the animals that Wilbur would become bacon)?
There is a scene when Wilbur is owned by the Uncle and the adults still make a comment about him becoming smoke and bacon and ham. So at some point he was still going to be killed. They're not trying to be cruel to Fern, that's just farm life.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
There is a scene when Wilbur is owned by the Uncle and the adults still make a comment about him becoming smoke and bacon and ham. So at some point he was still going to be killed. They're not trying to be cruel to Fern, that's just farm life.
Maybe this is my whacko vegan brain at work, but I don't get how you could kill an animal that a child in your family once considered a pet. After all, people who have had pigs as pets say that they're every bit as smart, loyal, and loving as dogs.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Odd. I thought she just took a liking to the pig and she was the one who considered it a pet, rather than her family, who just saw it as another pig.
But then again its been a while since I've seen the movie and an even longer time since I read the book so I could be remembering it completely wrong.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Maybe this is my whacko vegan brain at work, but I don't get how you could kill an animal that a child in your family once considered a pet. After all, people who have had pigs as pets say that they're every bit as smart, loyal, and loving as dogs.
Odd. I thought she just took a liking to the pig and she was the one who considered it a pet, rather than her family, who just saw it as another pig.
Her father did just see it as another pig and he warned Fern about getting too attached to Wilbur. He knew she'd just eventually be disappointed and hurt.

Drtooth

Reaction score
If logic won out over plot, every movie would be 3 minutes long. Since it's a book first, it would probably wind up being a pamphlet.

Simple as that.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
After many years of not being available on home video due to rights issues, both The Wonder Years and the original Batman series are getting complete series sets this year. Considering the long wait (and the fact that every episode of The Wonder Years can be viewed on Netflix), why release the whole shows in one boxed set first? Is putting the entire shows in one boxed set justifying big costs made? Would individual season sets need to be really expensive, but a complete series set being expected to be more expensive and therefore justifiable?

Drtooth

Reaction score
That's probably the case. They're too big and expensive rights wise to keep releasing single seasons... though for Batman, I wish they did. That third season sucked. 'cept maybe for Eartha Kitt's Catwoman. I mean, the first 2 seasons were tongue in cheek, dancing a line between making it look straight up for kids, and sarcastically snickering for adults. The third season was "let's see how funny we can make this." Actually... here's my "what's the deal?"

Why does anyone actually like Batgirl? I swear, every time she's involved with the outside franchises (don't know much about the comics, I only follow the big groundbreaking stories like "Killing Joke"), the project starts to suck. Okay, maybe Batman TAS is debatable... but look me in the eye and tell me she didn't suck in the fourth Batman movie (the one everyone hates) and when she popped up in The Batman (her debut season was the worst season of that show). I mean, there are those who dislike Batman Forever, but manage to write it off as meh (meh is better than horrible)... but just any time she appears, the franchise gets ruined.

Also... ever tend to notice that once Superman appears, that's when you know a Batman cartoon is on its last season? Batman TAS, The Batman, Brave and the Bold... I mean, obviously they're saving Supes for last season, but it's so incredibly regular, that's how you know it's over. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they just threw Superman into the 20th episode of Beware the Batman, since they want to get rid of it so much.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I got another "What's the Deal?"

Seriously... what the heck is the deal with those crappy Go Animate "Grounded" videos on Youtube?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why am I having trouble finding info on the various Mario toys that are available? They're not hard to find in stores, but I've been wanting to find reviews of what's been available in the past few years (including the PVCs). I can find all kinds of photos, but I'm having trouble finding reviews. It'd be cool if there was an official guide to all Mario toys.

beatnikchick300

Reaction score
Why am I having trouble finding info on the various Mario toys that are available? They're not hard to find in stores, but I've been wanting to find reviews of what's been available in the past few years (including the PVCs). I can find all kinds of photos, but I'm having trouble finding reviews. It'd be cool if there was an official guide to all Mario toys.
Have you looked online? I know there are sites where you can find guides to all toys in a franchise (unofficial, usually, but better than nothing).