The rebuild I've wanted to do for two years...

ashkent

Reaction score
When I began making puppets, long before i decided to set up Old Enough To Know Better Puppets and even think of building the custom puppets i have over the last year, all i wanted was to make a large replica of one particular muppet character. That was this guy...

He was said to be amazing by a lot of people but as a puppet he has major flaws. His eyes are slightly misplaced, his eyelids are like flaps rather than a "round the eyeball" eyelid, his mouth is heavy cardboard, the wire for his eye mechanism is easily bent, and above all else he is just too **** big. So he has been sitting as a poser for most of the time with just a couple of runouts as a working puppet for very short stints due to the strain he puts on the hand.

So, finally, in the middle of the other orders I'm working on, I have started rebuilding Animal as he should be. The skull is more or less complete, with the looser jaw, bags under correctly placed eyes and a working eyebrow mechanism made of steel wire that can only be bent with pliers.

Here are the first pictures of his "naked" head. I'm expecting to make a start on feathering him later this week. I'll update the pictures along the way as the major stages are completed.

ashkent

Reaction score
So finally managed to get a little time with this in between other jobs and more to the point found the time to update a few photos. So here are the latest pictures of the new Animal replica of mine.

And here are the latest parts waiting to be attached.

More updates coming soon.

ashkent

Reaction score
Well...somehow time flew by and before i knew it i had a finished puppet!
So here is the Animal puppet i have wanted to make for the last two years since i started seriously building puppets as a sideline job. Have a look at his pictures below. Hope you like him - just in time for the SEQUEL SEQUEL. Hopefully i will have a video of him later tonight.

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
Going rather well!Although,I would like it better if you made another Dave Goelz character...(I'm kidding about the Dave Goelz thing,,but that would be wonderful)

Diego Fiorucci

Reaction score
Well...somehow time flew by and before i knew it i had a finished puppet!
So here is the Animal puppet i have wanted to make for the last two years since i started seriously building puppets as a sideline job. Have a look at his pictures below. Hope you like him - just in time for the SEQUEL SEQUEL. Hopefully i will have a video of him later tonight.

It's a great Animal! What did you use for the eyeballs?