Why can't Sesame cameo In Muppets Most Wanted?

beaker

Reaction score
I've noticed at the end of MMW, they did have to have the Sesame Street copyright for the footage they used, even without a single Sesame Street character being on screen. And a lengthy one at that. The sad irony is that SW is to blame for the lack of any Sesame Street characters in these films, not Disney.
I agree completely, sadly. Still tho, Constantine mistaking the Muppet Show for Sesame and the brief clip of Sesame Kermit was a nice touch.

I love the randomness of the Hugga Wugga alien...this movie was total hardcore fan service all the way. And let's be honest...if general casual Muppet fandom seems kind of obscure in America, than us obsessive human wikipedia types would be like 3% of the Muppet fan audience going to see it.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What about Piggy's fantasy babies that looked exactly like pallet swapped Baby Kermit and Baby Piggy?

This film even did fanservice better.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed at the end of MMW, they did have to have the Sesame Street copyright for the footage they used, even without a single Sesame Street character being on screen. And a lengthy one at that. The sad irony is that SW is to blame for the lack of any Sesame Street characters in these films, not Disney.

I expected that. Normally whenever movies include clips owned by outside companies, they include copyright notices for the footage. But I was surprised to see that they didn't just give Sesame Workshop a copyright acknowledgement for the clip, but also for associated characters and elements. WHAT associated characters (I could see Kermit being in his reporters trenchcoat being an element, though Kermit has appeared as a reporter since Disney got the Muppets)?

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm not gonna sit here and read through all these posts so if anything I say has already been said I apologize but I think they wanted Elmo to have a cameo in the last film but he was too expensive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but that's an interchangeable background Muppet. They have less of those now, and Sesame Street has standard animal designs slightly more cartoon than some animals used in Muppet productions (difference Chickens and Penguins at least). They have a puppet from some where else to use for a gag, why need to spend time and money for another one?

Still, shame they couldn't use the Yip Yips, though.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I wonder who owns the Kangaroo puppet...Henson?SW?Disney?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed that the end credits for Muppets Most Wanted had a "puppets by Jim Henson's Creature Shop" (in addition to credits for Puppet Heap and the Muppet Workshop... In fact I think the Muppet Workshop got a credit in The Muppets as well, and I feel like I'd already brought this up a few years ago). I wonder if the Creature Shop credit refers to the Muppet Treasure Island and Muppets Tonight characters who show up mainly in the background. Considering they hadn't been used much since 1996 and are mainly there in the background here, I could see those puppets being the originals and supplied by the Creature Shop. And Jim Henson's Creature Shop also continues to make Sesame Street Muppets, so it could be logical they'd accidentally get a minor Sesame Street character (though I wonder if the workshop has any special places to put all Sesame Street characters, so that they don't accidentally use any in their productions).