Muppets Most Wanted Press Reviews

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Everybody's entitled to their opinion about ANY Muppet project. That's why it's called a "discussion forum" instead of an "everything's awesome forum." :wink:

Two days before Mrs. Otter and I saw The Muppets in 2011, two longtime friends of mine posted on FB that they took their kids (aged 4-6) to see it and felt like they had to apologize to them afterwards. I got a bit of a chill down my spine but my fears dissolved about 5-10 minutes after we settled in for the movie later that weekend.

It's all subjective, friends. My own personal Muppet movie rankings (posted elsewhere on this forum) list MFS higher than MTM and MCC and nobody's threatened me with Muppaphone-like violence. (Yet.)

Let's simply be grateful for the fact that we actually have another Muppet theatrical release and each enjoy it on our own terms.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Again I could honestly care less.....I have seen the movie, and as a Muppet fan, and a fan of the 2011 movie I loved this movie. I will also say that I have read some great and some not so great reviews of the movie before seeing it, and that made it a little bit more challenging to make my own opinion of the movie at first. After it set in what I was watching and how good it was I fell in love with the story, and how original and different it really was.

Steve, Eric, Dave and Mat really showcase there talent in this movie, and not just with one of there characters but all of them. The pure energy that each one of these performers in each and every shot is just amazing. To me it felt like the same energy of the Muppet Show. Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie Gonzo, Animal, Rowlf and Floyd were performed wonderfully, and a true testament to the original performers.

The first movie was suppose to "Re-introduce" the Muppets, but this movie has done a way better job with that. The Muppets where more themselves in this movie then I have seen them since the Muppet Show, and not just Kermit and Piggy, but all the main players from the Muppet Show era.

My only problem with the movie was the music.....I'm sorry it just did not do it for me like the 2011 movie did. To me the songs with the exception of the first one seemed thrown together to quickly. I mean they were OK songs, but none of them really reaches out and grabs you like "A man or a Muppet".

Other then that the movie was wonderful, and I will be seeing it again tonight! I hope everyone enjoys this movie as much as I did and will! GO MUPPETS!

Twisted Tails

Reaction score

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm so tired of hearing "it's doesn't have the heart of the last film". That's not what this movie was trying to accomplish!
The heart of the last film would have only worked in the last film. GMC didn't have the same heart as TMM, and it was a great movie for being itself. TMM had several scenes of Kermit breaking down and doubting himself (as did TM). GMC's heart was internal Kermit/Piggy stuff. That said, saying this movie lacked heart is oblivious. It was much more subtle.

Even then, as I said somewhere else, the ONE thing that the reviews failed to take away was the fact that the film was better put together. The last movie, much as I loved it, I had a problem with general story and pacing issues. It felt like three movies that sort of intersect crushed into a 1 movie time frame. Gary, Walter, and Mary's plot could have been an entire, separate movie. And when it focuses on the Muppets, that plot line sort of still exists, but doesn't get explored at the risk of another 20 minutes of film. And, while the Mahna Mahna sequence was noble, the fact that the film gets resolved just at the end of the credits makes it feel awkward.

Meanwhile, we got a focused, concise story with 3 connected subplots (the main jewel robbery, Kermit's Gulag stay, and Sam and Jean Pierre's segment) that gave the film a consistent momentum. The editing wasn't so messed up that a huge plot key was removed that ruined the film's brick joke and resolution. By all means, a better formed film. Where's the praise for that?

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
^^See, kids? That's what happens when you don't do your homework (JHC hasn't owned the Muppets in 10 years, so the Muppets weren't part of the Chick-fil-A pull-out).

Also, when you get dropped on your head as a child... :wink: