Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

beaker

Reaction score
Anyone notice the parallels with the bad stuff Russia's been doing and how Russia is portrayed in this film?

Regarding what James said, In a world where it's all about vfx heavy pg-13 comic book movies and braindead cg films, I'm just happy there is any kind of audience for Kermit and company. For the longest time the main angle was to just ride on "nostalgia", something Transformers no long needs to do or Star Wars. (there was a time when Star Wars fandom, especially in the 89-96 era felt underground)

Given Muppet Babies has never been commercially made available for the modern market, and I cant remember last time it was shown on tv, Im surprised a lot of people still even remember Muppet Babies. There will sadly always be people in this era, will always think of The Muppets as "baby" stuff. Making a darker toned, more serious toned Muppet film tho I feel does go a long way to helping distance itself tho

pezbalubah

Reaction score
I loved it! Ricky Gervais, Tina Fey, and Ty Burrell all played great parts and filled the missing void of Jason Segel and Amy Adams just fine. I was happy that Rizzo was in a bunch of shots and was waiting for him to finally get a line, getting frustrated that Pepe would say a line and not him, then he came out with that line with Robin and it was brilliant! Where 2011's "The Muppets" seemed to be a reboot of "The Muppet Movie", this one's a little "Great Muppet Caper" and a little "Muppets Take Manhattan". The songs are great, the opening "We're Doing a Sequel" totally made me feel like I was a kid again watching "The Muppets Take Manhattan" in the theater for the first time. The Flight of The Conchords-esque "I'll Get You What You Want" is this film's "Man or Muppet" so utterly cheesy that it's great. The editing of the covers of "Macarena" and "Moves Like Jagger" were perfect to make you laugh but not have to sit through the whole songs. I was impressed with the amount of lines and screen time characters like Link, Lew, Beauregard, and Floyd got and I loved spotting characters like Annie Sue, Andy, and Randy. The ending with the characters on the wall reminded me of the ending of GMC when the characters are parachuting out of the plane. The end credits with Sweetums, Fozzie, and Rowlf reminded me of something that would be in the Muppet Vision 3D pre-show, just another way to break that 4th wall down.

Here's my only gripe: a product placement shot. Granted we've seen plenty of it in the TV specials/movies but the only theatrical film that I can think of that had it was a Cars billboard added into the shot in the last film. With the Muppets' self awareness I wouldn't mind a joke making fun of product placement in movies, but kids and it seems a lot of adults don't know the difference between entertainment and marketing. It just doesn't belong. All in all I would rank this one ahead of Muppets From Space and Muppet Treasure Island but not quite beyond any of the others.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I watched the movie again today. Yeah, two days in a row. Yesterday, after I got home from my first viewing I found that my father had E-mailed me an invitation. Hey, why not? Like

I never get that much out of a movie on the first viewing. I don't know why; I just can't put things together that well. It's the second time where I can really see and enjoy it. And this was the case here. Plus, the theater was full with a mostly-adult audience, and there was a lot of laughin' going on. It did my heart good to hear my father laughing at the Muppets.

You know that AMC sweepstakes thing where you take a picture of yourself by a standup? Well, I saw it at an AMC theater, and there was no standup. Just a poster. Pfeh.

You know all those cameos? I didn't recognize anyone. ANYONE. Well, OK, I recognized Lady Gaga because of her name tag. Otherwise, who were they? I guess I missed some goof jokes, because I heard laughter when some people showed their faces.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
You know all those cameos? I didn't recognize anyone. ANYONE. Well, OK, I recognized Lady Gaga because of her name tag. Otherwise, who were they? I guess I missed some goof jokes, because I heard laughter when some people showed their faces.

Not even Tony Bennett?

cahuenga

Reaction score
Did andy and Randy get a line? how many times they appear??'

beaker

Reaction score
Could of sworn I saw Patton Oswalt at the end in the gulag, though probably wishful thinking. I recognized the co-star of Django, so I got the Christopher Waltz Waltz gag. Also the Usher gag. I thought the Gaga cameo was perfect. Though how come they don't get A-list big names anymore, like Tom Cruise, Nic Cage or Sam Jackson? Not that it matters, as the less humans this time around the better.

Curious what repeat moviegoers noticed the 2nd/3rd/etc time. Any easter eggs?

Also how come all the reports from people say hardly anyone was in the theater?
This movie just felt really smart, as flimsy as the thief plot was. And YES, that Rizzo line about certain characters not getting enough screen time last time was genius. I also wish Disney would put the Spanish Muppet Show clip online, as that was just pure goosebump inducing magical.

SesameFever

Reaction score
I loved the movie. Very clever and funny. The music was amazing except I could go without hearing the Magarita I never liked that song.