Are good puppeteers also good at drawing?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
this is an interesting thread, i wonder if you could also ask are all puppeteers good at acting or even singging. I cant Draw if my life depened on it but i can act and sing so i think it really depends on the person. I have always wanted to try and build a puppet but i'm scared and i second guess myself to much when it comes to the muppets and puppets.

aaronmojo

Reaction score
I'm a freelance illustrator and a puppet-builder, but the "technical" aspects of building puppets always trip me up. I am a fairly good performer, though, and getting better at it. I'd better be since we're starting a business soon! Kids can be ruthless!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
kids can be ruthless to an extent. what kind of bussness are you doing. I always wanted to start a puppet show for birthdays school things and such, then expand it have a studio with clowns and all kinds of kids entertainment.

RockerRob

Reaction score
I think the real question here is, "Are puppet builders good at drawing?". Puppeteers and Puppet builders, or puppet builders/puppeteers are different creatures. Some people's creativity comes out in just the manipulation of the puppet (these people may also be natural actors), and the builder is wildly creative and uses puppets as an outlet, but then they have to try their puppet out and become puppeteers by default.

Pork

Reaction score
This is very interesting. I think I agree with you RockerRob.

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
Me! I have to make a thread about my doodles sometime,But my #@!$%^%&*^^%$%^%?! camera won't work right.I need a phone!