Muppets Most Wanted Merchandise Thread

Drtooth

Reaction score
I honestly think there should be that much more, but they've done a lot better this time. There's a real lack of toy merchandise, but they did give them multiple product promotions that we didn't see last time. And stuff like crummy kid's yogurt (with Rowlf on the box !) and cereal boxes give a presence that toys just wouldn't. So that's a huge plus to see them at the grocery store, there.

My chief complaint is that there should have been a line of small bean bag plush at Disney, and there should be a little more at general retail. Other than that, we've had a better go this time. Just not as much as it should be.

DutchMuppet

Reaction score
In the Netherlands, a big store named "Blokker" sold a lot of Muppet merchandise after the 2011 movie. Big Kermit, Miss Piggy dolls. Little dolls from Kermit, Piggy, Animal, Fozzie. 3 kinds of Jigsaw puzzles, all the previous movies (wich weren't available like Oz), lunch-boxes and a lot more. Sadly none were sold. After 2 months the stuff went on sale for 75% discount. And even nowadays they have some stuff in the store from that movie. It just sold poorly. When I called them for the new Muppet movie, they told me they won't be selling stuff at the cinema release. When I asked if they ever gonna have new merch, they say Maybe in the december season as the bluray and dvd will be releasing. And not so much as last movie. Maybe even the same stuff.

Pretty strange because the movie was a hit in the cinema. I think the main reason it didn't sell much, was because a big grocery store gave free hand-dolls when you purchased for 25 dollars of goods. Picture of the dolls under the link :smile:

So maybe we have to wait for the homerelease of the dvd for more merch!

Drtooth

Reaction score
International merch release is different. We actually have some stuff, not as much as we'd like, but it's a huge improvement over the last time. For one thing, the PVC set came out before the movie this time (even though most of them are the same figures, but with bases so they stand, unlike the last set).

beaker

Reaction score
European countries have traditionally gotten all the cool Muppet merchandise. Especially in recent years. Anyways I guess there's no use complaining...same argument we've brought up for years now. /shrug

Drtooth

Reaction score
They look like the ones that would usually retail in places like TRU. I really wish more stores carried those. The Gonzo actually looks pretty good for what it is (his likeness is always screwed up anyway).

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score

beaker

Reaction score
I just went to Walgreens across the street from me, and low and behold...Muppet plushes! Now...ok, granted these aren't the best. They look like circa 2002 European Mcdonalds Muppet plushes. But for $4? Sure why not.

I still maintain the 2012 Toys R Us Muppet plushes are the best Muppet plushes ever made in 40 years of Muppet plushes.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd say most of the Disney Store ones. It's a real shame they never restocked the Pepe the Prawn one. That was the best one they had, hands down (and the only one of the assortment I had).

Anyway, gonna be on the lookout for those Walgreens ones. Might as well pick up a Constantine.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I was pretty disappointed by the Disney Store selection, honestly. The shirts are all stock images with minimal thought put into them. Was really hoping for some accessories. The plushes are nice looking, much better that previous iterations, but the variety is pretty lacking.