Votes: 18 9.9%
  • 2 Stars - Fair

Votes: 7 3.9%
  • 1 Star - Poor

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters

smalltimecrook

Reaction score
I'm still smiling. Laughed, cried, enjoyed. It's a great ride. There are definitely some lulls in the middle, but I think it really builds to a great climax and the last third is just pure joy.
Some great moments. Loved the action-y stuff, the A Chorus Line parody, Celine, the helicopter finale, Together Again, Constantine trying to be Kermit, Rizzo & Robin's gag, Walter following Ricky in disguise. the self-referential stuff, etc. Floods of tears when Kermit and Piggy kissed and all the "we love you, Kermit" stuff. "We're doing a sequel" and "Give you what you want" were my favourite new songs. Overall I was a bit underwhelmed by Ricky Gervais' performance and actually pleasantly surprised by Ty Burrell, which I thought would be the other way around. And sometimes I wished we would be watching the Muppet Show skits rather than Constantine & Dominic stealing something while the skits were going on. But I had a great time and was almost tempted to see it again straight away.
I can see why the reviewers and the general public might prefer the last one, but I think I liked this one more.

Muppetboy09

Reaction score
Let's look at it this way, MMW is getting way better reviews than it's biggest competitor, Divergent. On Rotten tomatoes, MMW is 77% fresh, but Divergent is only 40% fresh. Yikes! Unfortunately, we opened to a $4.66 million opening night, but it looks like the movie could still have an $18 million opening weekend!!!

KingR76

Reaction score
I saw it today courtesy of Den Of Geek at a screening in London.

Need to get all my thoughts together on this but in my opinion this was far better than "The Muppets" and I also feel the question should be asked... Whens the next one going to be?

It was THAT strong to warrant a third one :smile:

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Wow, where to begin I have been thinking since yesterday what I wanna say about the film. First of I just wanna say no matter how well or how well this movie doesn't do I am so happy that I was able to see my second Muppet movie on the big screen. I didn't get to see the classic three movies as I was either not born yet or too young.

Anyways...like most people have said I personally loved this film. Yes there were flaws but I have yet to see a "PERFECT" movie. This movie was just a Muppet movie. Kermit was able to get out of his depressed state from the last film and just be Kermit. My praise to all the Muppeteers they did a fantastic job and deserve a standing ovation for all their hard work. And I do think this movie was better then the last because I didn't feel like the celebrities got in the way like they did in TM.

The positives I love how Steve really stretches Kermit in this and pushes the envelope with him but never goes overboard. Eric Jacobson really just shined with Piggy it was great to see her go on this emotional journey. Matt Vogel brilliant as Constantine! I wasn't sure how I was gonna like him but he ended being a really scary, fun, and likeable villain. I feel him and Ricky played off great of each other. As did Sam and Ty. I have to say out of all the scenes in this film the helicopter scene was the best IMO. And no I just don't say this because I'm a K&P fan. I really loved seeing Kermit really fight for Piggy and not wanting her to go through with the marriage. I wish we got to hear Kermit say "I love you" as he said it in the previews and in the novel. I do like they didn't get married which I knew they haven't acted any different promoting the film.

As far as the music don't get me wrong I did love it. Something So Right like most people have said if it doesn't get nominated something is wrong!! Such a beautiful song! We're doing a sequel great, great, song it reminded of "Life's a Happy Song." Together Again loved hearing that I just wanted to get up and sing along with them however the "Again, Again" part I didn't care for. With that being said besides the songs I mentioned I felt the music from the last film was better. Which I guess brings me to the negatives of the film.

I didn't like how the plot seemed rushed in some points it almost felt like "okay lets hurry and get this film over with." Maybe it was just me I don't know. More then likely I'll have to see the film again to see if my opinion on that changes. I wish there were most scenes with Kermit. I know most people liked seeing Kermit and Piggy's bouncing baby figs however I didn't like it, I actually thought they were creepy looking. (I know probably surprising coming from me) I agree Kermit adopt instead! But other then that I enjoyed this film very much and hopefully I can see it again before it leaves the theaters. I mean I'm already guessing when it's gonna come out on DVD/Blu-ray! :big_grin: I hope there's a lot of deleted scenes! As I noticed there was so much cut. All in all I give it a 4/5!

And the last thing I wanna say is tell your friends, have their friends tell their friends and see it! :smile:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Very enjoyable movie. I wouldn't go so far as to call it the best Muppet movie, but it's certainly high on my list. Plenty of fun cameos by both Muppets and non-Muppets.

The puppetry is phenomenal, especially in the "I'm Number One, You're Number Two" song.

Matt really shines as Constantine. I love the names he gives to the Muppets ("Zongo", "Miss Pig", "Fonzie", "Small Boy With Glasses"). Nice to see Sam get more attention than usual in a Muppet movie.

Nice to hear Jerry's announcer line from the last movie reused.

In the opening song, why does Gonzo say that he's purple? And why does it look as though Rowlf has a scar on his face throughout the movie?

The writing is great, the songs are great, the Muppets are great (yeah, we already new that).

My only gripes:

1. A few of the celebrity appearances seemed rather pointless *coughRossLynchcough*

2. The pacing seemed a bit off early on. A little too hurried.

Don't think there's much I can add that hasn't already been said.

was it just me or did anyone else thought the movies sound and songs were really loud?
You know, the music did seem a bit loud. There were several instances where I couldn't make out the lyrics in the songs.

Slackbot

Reaction score
That being said, one scene comes to mind that put a real rotten taste in my mouth. It's the scene where Walter is spying on Dominic, who pays off the journalist and then tells him to give the tickets out to free, to which he follows up, "You may have to pay some people." Now, I get that the Muppets are self-depreciating sometimes, but this was a downright strangely mean move by the writers. Not only that, but it makes absolutely no sense considering this is a follow-up to the last film in which it ends with the Muppet theater becoming packed, them raising the money and coming outside to cheering fans. Now they can't even sell one ticket, let alone having to bribe people to come see them perform, despite even fake five-star reviews?! What the frak?! I can't even blame it on the plot of the show being terrible due to the lack of Kermit's direction, this was rigged from the very start.
My answer to this is that Dominic and Constantine have no faith in the Muppets. They've just come back together, they failed to meet their telethon goal, they only got their happy ending last time by hiring a ton of extras and giving the Bad Guy head trauma. And now they've lost the one character who could pull them together and exert some sort of restraint over that cast of nutcases and egomaniacs. (Scooter was aware that that would harm the show, but he's a right-hand man, not a leader.) It's in their best interests for Constantine to keep them happy by okaying any dang fool thing they want to do, no matter how bad it is for the show. And since Muppets tend to do loud, noisy things even when Kermit reins them in, of course they'd let them go hog wild and provide enough noise to cover the sound of the break-ins.

TL;DR version: It wasn't the writers being mean, it was Dominic and Constantine being mean and manipulative. And successful.

goldenstate5

Reaction score
My answer to this is that Dominic and Constantine have no faith in the Muppets. They've just come back together, they failed to meet their telethon goal, they only got their happy ending last time by hiring a ton of extras and giving the Bad Guy head trauma. And now they've lost the one character who could pull them together and exert some sort of restraint over that cast of nutcases and egomaniacs. (Scooter was aware that that would harm the show, but he's a right-hand man, not a leader.) It's in their best interests for Constantine to keep them happy by okaying any dang fool thing they want to do, no matter how bad it is for the show. And since Muppets tend to do loud, noisy things even when Kermit reins them in, of course they'd let them go hog wild and provide enough noise to cover the sound of the break-ins.

TL;DR version: It wasn't the writers being mean, it was Dominic and Constantine being mean and manipulative. And successful.

In a broad sense this is true, but the specific line refers more to Dominic having done this a few nights prior, as in the Muppets are so unwanted that people have been actually turning down the tickets. Not only that, but the audience has to actually be manipulated prior. Yes, the show is intentionally bad, yet no one from the beginning actually wants to see the Muppets. At least that's what I took away from it. I was just bummed that they never really showed that anyone wanted to see them... it was just weird to me.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Let's look at it this way, MMW is getting way better reviews than it's biggest competitor, Divergent. On Rotten tomatoes, MMW is 77% fresh, but Divergent is only 40% fresh. Yikes! Unfortunately, we opened to a $4.66 million opening night, but it looks like the movie could still have an $18 million opening weekend!!!
As a longtime box office tracker, I don't see MMW enroute of a domestic total over $60 million, here's my domestic forecast of the film (until it gets less than $1 million in the weekend).
Day 1: $4.6 million
Day 2: $7.4 million (.4 is to make it even)
Day 3: $5 million

Opening Weekend: $17 million Total: $17 million
Mon.-- Fri.: $3 million Total: $20 million
Weekend 2: $10 million Total: $30 million
Mon.-- Fri.: $1 million Total: $31 million
Weekend 3: $7 million Total: $38 million
Mon. -- Fri. : $800,000 Total: $38,800,000
Weekend 4: $3.2 million (Rio 2 opens) Total: $42 million
Mon.-- Fri.: $400,000 Total: $42,400,000
Weekend 5: $2.6 million Total: $45 million
Mon. -- Fri.: $100,000 Total: $45,100,000
Weekend 6: $1 million Total: $46,100,000

Final Total (Forecast): $50 million
That doesn't look so pretty, but that's a rough estimate of what MMW will make domestically, but it's still too early in the game, but my forecast shows it as a film that'll only barely match its budget, hopefully the film'll get at least $100 million foreignly, but I still can't image MMW matching TM'11's total or even TMM.

goldenstate5

Reaction score
Yeah it's probably going to make less than 50 mil here in the states.

I pray it does awesome foreign business. but I'm kind of unsure on how Disney would react to that one. A third movie would be possible, for sure, in that case, but not definite.