Musical Collaborations Among Fans Here

Yorick

Reaction score
I have a request for a rock saxophone player to play a few bars of sax on an original composition track that I've got.

I'll send you the mp3, and if you would play sax over it for the solo section, that would be great! The track has a quiet little keyboard solo in the background at one point, which is to be "covered up" with your sax overdub.

The ideal plan would have been if there was one mix of this song with the keyboard (to give you an idea) and one mix without keyboard (for you to overdub your own creative note change, and feel more free without the keyboard solo there at all). The only reason this one is harder to change is because it was recorded in such a way that the (quiet) keyboard solo can't be removed. Live and learn! It won't happen again, if the opportunity comes up that anyone wants to help out on sax again.

Though I'd prefer you sent me your isolated sax track so I can mix it in the final cut myself, I understand there may be a scenario where it's easier for you to mix it yourself and send me the whole track back with your sax added. Either way, I appreciate it - thank you!

Please send me a private message if you'd like to play on this song. This way, if we all do this, we will keep the "musical want ads" thread here easy to navigate. Thanks again!

(I named this thread the way I did so that others can post in this thread for the same needs. If a thread like this exists, I apologize, and I'd be glad to have this one merged with that one.)

Yorick

Reaction score
I haven't gotten any messages from any sax players here, so I thought I'd mention a few things in case some folks here play sax (and want to be involved with a recording) but don't know if they can:

1. If it turns out that you can't play the part on sax, I will still appreciate the effort! But don't be afraid to try.

2. It's okay if the sound isn't that clear, and/or if the file was recorded on something that's doesn't record in such a great quality.

3. If you can't truly record the sax part alone, then as long as the rest of the song is way in the background (and your sax is close to the mic) I think we should be able to mix it into the song.

(Unless I think of something else to add, or another instrument to ask about, I will not post in this thread just to bump it up - but if anyone knows a better site for such musical requests, I would appreciate it! It just seemed like it would be great if a fellow Muppet fan was involved. Thanks!)

Yorick

Reaction score
I did eventually find someone to help out on the track. But I do wonder...does anyone here record music at home? Perhaps you have a site at http://bandcamp.com?