The Missing Link Hogthrob

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score
Hello, Link babies! :flirt:

I apologize for my lack of activity within the group and this thread per say, but I finally caught the Muppets on QVC on Youtube this morning, and, sakes alive, Link never looked so handsome and debonair that I squealed giddily with thrills and chills!

If I knew he was going to make an obscure appearance on QVC earlier, then I would have been glued to the TV in one sitting just to catch a glimpse of Rock Demeier's porcine doppelganger the irrepressible; brawny charismatic hunk of meat himself.

Hogging the mirror, as usual.

Introducing "Beauties Most Wanted"

Seriously, Jacque Gonzales' expression at Link's flattering introduction is utterly adorable. <3

Yep. They dated.

Regarding that this personally has to be the cutest selfie ever. Your argument is invalid.

Nasubionna

Reaction score
Hello, Link babies! :flirt:

I apologize for my lack of activity within the group and this thread per say, but I finally caught the Muppets on QVC on Youtube this morning, and, sakes alive, Link never looked so handsome and debonair that I squealed giddily with thrills and chills!

If I knew he was going to make an obscure appearance on QVC earlier, then I would have been glued to the TV in one sitting just to catch a glimpse of Rock Demeier's porcine doppelganger the irrepressible; brawny charismatic hunk of meat himself.

Hogging the mirror, as usual.

Introducing "Beauties Most Wanted"

Seriously, Jacque Gonzales' expression at Link's flattering introduction is utterly adorable. <3

Yep. They dated.

Regarding that this personally has to be the cutest selfie ever. Your argument is invalid.

Hahaha! Terrific! My heart is soooo happy at Link getting to appear in something like this and speak a few lines (he sounds fantastic!!!) , and his resemblance to that fellow is uncanny (I died at the 'cured ham' line). Thanks for posting these pictures, LinkiePie<3! :smile:

LinkiePie<3

Reaction score

Excuse moi for hijacking the thread with a photo of my ugly hand, but my self manicure is, indeed Pigs in Space/Link Hogthrob-inspired. They were painted for the Muppets Most Wanted premiere tomorrow night with the Toughpigs league in NYC. So psyched! <3

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Part 1: Beginnings, the secondary character (1977- Early 1981) Link was always supossed to be a secondary-character like Rowlf. He appeared in the many Pigs in Space sketches and also had some hilarious skits (Peter Sellers), then when they were writting the script for TMM (Jack Burns and Jerry Juhl) and they couldn't find a real legit role for him. I mean besides 'Space" Link is unfortunately forgotten in muppet history. Part 2: Chilling Out in the Background (1981-1988) Then after The Muppet Show ended and the script for GMC was being written by Jay Tarses and Tom Patchett, those two probably didn't know who he was, and then MTM and Link was over, just another background character with a case of Hilda-ittes, and it was over UNTIL... that fateful day in 1989 when Link got his groove back unlike Hilda. Part 3: The Short-Lived Link Renaissance (1989- May 1990)When JHH started for whatever reason, Link was in 7/13 episodes. Then his fame contiued in 1990 when he was given a secondary role in The Muppets At Walt Disney World, but alas the short ressurection would not last for poor old Link. Part 4 : The Final Frontier? (June 1990-2010) Shortly after Wlat Disney Link's performer Jim Henson died unfortunately, and if they wouldn't recast Rowlf, a bigger player than Link, he was doomed. Link was back in the back only ever appearing in the background for over 20 years in MCC, MTI, MT, MFS, ect. This was alas when fans stopped believing that Link would return, boy were they in a surprise. Part 5: Ressurection (2011-Present) The Muppets came out in November 2011 and Steve Whitmire took Link and he was in it. Like legite. He was in a full "Barbershop Quartet" scene. Though the only line he said non-singing was "Entertain Us" he appeared prominently in the background. Then when the muppets were on QVC he had his own B-plot, and his role in MMW was not too shabby, so hopefully Link won't be going anytime soon... or will he?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Part 3: The Short-Lived Link Renaissance (1989- May 1990)When JHH started for whatever reason, Link was in 7/13 episodes.
If you just count the MuppeTelevision segments, then that's 7/9.

Muppet Master said:
Shortly after Wlat Disney Link's performer Jim Henson died unfortunately, and if they wouldn't recast Rowlf, a bigger player than Link, he was doomed.

Then again, Rowlf was also a bigger character than Statler and Waldorf, and they were both recast soon after Richard Hunt had died. And their recast voices were a lot different from the voices Jim and Richard had given them. Considering both performers died around the same time and Waldorf wasn't recast until after Richard died, they could have easily just retired those characters (in MCC Jacob Marely could have been played by Pops, Dr. Strangepork, or J.P. Grosse).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm calling it. Link is missing no longer!'​
Why a Jim Henson originated character has more screentime in a movie made after he died is... well... it's indescribable is what.​

Multiple scenes? Multiple lines? That whole QVC thing? Link is back, man. Heck, the Chef didn't get as much screen time!​

LinkLady77

Reaction score
May I draw your attention to the DIVINE outfit that Link is rocking in the latest Muppets Most Wanted New Year trailer? This appears to be from a wedding scene (I saw Piggy back there in a bridal gown..) and I am LOVING that tie and vest combo! Looks like Link may finally have dragged himself out of the 70's! :wink: So this in addition to his Spanish costume getup seen in the previous trailer makes two excellent Link fashion statements already. How many more to come??? LOVE IT.

Per Wikipedia, Brooks Brothers did some 200 costumes for the male cast of Muppets Most Wanted...I assume this was one of their creations? It looks ravishing on Link, doesn't it?