Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why, why, why must credit practically rule our lives? I mean, I can understand, say, how you pay your bills and such can effect your credit, which can effect business transactions and such, but, like, why do you constantly have to buy stuff all the time to maintain credit, and if you don't buy stuff, why does that mean you have bad or poor credit? Like what are we supposed to buy if we don't need anything? Why do we have to buy lots of stuff that we don't know? And why does that have to effect your credit? And in turn, why is it you can't buy like a car, or a house, or something you actually need because you apparently have bad credit because you don't go on a bunch of shopping sprees or anything?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Because credit proves that you can make payments on time. When you buy a car or house, you generally don't buy it outright. Instead, you make payments on it. If you have good credit, the people selling it are more likely to trust that you can make the payment on time.

Credit is basically a score of how well you pay your bills on time and if you stay under the credit card limit. To put it in simpler terms.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But I don't understand why you have to constantly buy stuff to have good credit when there isn't anything you really need to buy, and if you don't go on a bunch of shopping sprees, that somehow means you have poor credit because you don't buy anything.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You don't have to constantly buy stuff :/

I mean, you could literally buy a pack of gum and nothing else and as long as you pay that off on time, then your credit will go up.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
But even if you have a proven track record of paying bills on time, and have a solid credit score, some pirate can still hack into your files- i.e. identity theft- and screw things up for you big time. And the credit score you might have spent years building up can be gone in the blink of an eye. Life in the modern world can definitely suck when this happens.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
According to Muppet Wiki, the reason Mirror Mask was produced was because Sony wanted to make a sequel to Labyrinth, but Lucasfilm had partial ownership of the film, so Sony instead asked Henson to make a different fantasy film. Last I checked, the Muppet Wiki page didn't cite any sources, but does Lucasfilm actually have partial ownership? I know the company co-produced with Henson, but I don't think Lucasfilm owns the characters or script or anything (and I think The Jim Henson Company can make a sequel without Sony's involvement, if Henson wanted to). And if Lucasfilm did need approval or involvement for a sequel, did Lucasfilm also need approval for the recent Labyrinth graphic novels and comic books?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why, why, why do we keep giving Lindsay Lohan jobs? Honestly! She ruined her career years ago, she can't act anymore, she steals things everywhere she goes, she always causes trouble on sets, everything she appears in are train wrecks (and then she wonders why)... so why are we still enabling her?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Why, why, why do we keep giving Lindsay Lohan jobs? Honestly! She ruined her career years ago, she can't act anymore, she steals things everywhere she goes, she always causes trouble on sets, everything she appears in are train wrecks (and then she wonders why)... so why are we still enabling her?
Train wrecks get ratings.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't help but think about Robert Downey Jr. Only he had more talent. His addictions kept ruining his career. He got a second chance on Ally McBeal (a show that was hugely popular until the ratings slid slightly and they cancelled the hit show and replaced it with a pathetic knockoff that didn't finish the season?), and then he relapsed and lost his career again.

And then came Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes, and he became a HUGE star again.

So basically he has better self-discipline and control than Lindsay is what I'm saying.