New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Look at the Letter\Number Constantine! Look hard and you will find the names,Dr Bunsen Honeydew,Sweetums,Lewzealand,and....BOPPITY!!!!! the blue frackle!!!!! woah!

EDIT: I looked some more and found Beaker,Zoot,and Rowlf!

DOUBLE EDIT: I looked once again and found Fozzie Bear,The Great Gonzo,Ms.Piggy,Dr Teeth,Foo-Foo,Thog,The Flying Zucchini brothers and-Beware of the moles?!?!?! no Kidding!
TRIPLE EDIT: I looked again and found Half of Kermit and Swedish Chef!(rmit and Swedish.) And... here's the big whammy,folks...DROOP! ha ha ha!!! I am so joyous!

QUADRUPLE EDIT: Rizzo too.that wasn't really important,but whatever.

ANOTHER EDIT: I forgot Crazy Harry. and,to see Boppity,Bunsen,and Harry you have to look at the Toughpigs image. It is expanded more than the other link.
Link to the image, please? I can't find which one it is.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
With all the clips that have surfaced and after reading the junior novel, it seems this movie will have just as many similarities to The Muppets Take Manhattan as it does The Great Muppet Caper. I'd like to tally up all the similarities I know of.

SesameFever

Reaction score
With all the clips that have surfaced and after reading the junior novel, it seems this movie will have just as many similarities to The Muppets Take Manhattan as it does The Great Muppet Caper. I'd like to tally up all the similarities I know of.
That is Disney for you can't come up with anything 100 Percent original. I knew this was gonna happen right from the start.

Beauregard

Reaction score
I'm okay with that.

As long as the next one isn't 50% Muppets From Space and 50% Letters to Santa, I'll be happy...

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
I have no issue whatsoever with overtones of GMC and MTM - occasionally, some of the same themes and tropes wind up re-occurring in a movie franchise, but that doesn't mean the writers gave up trying to do something original.

Stoller, Segel and Bobin gave the Muppets some noteworthy character development in the last movie (particularly the Kermit-Piggy relationship) and I trust Stoller and Bobin to give us more creative twists in MMW, while still delivering a fun, original movie.

Besides, even if they completely copped out and delivered a total rehash - which I don't see happening - the whole movie would be worth it for that one amazing helicopter shot. Am I wrong??? :wink:

SkeetScootSquat

Reaction score
Link to the image, please? I can't find which one it is.
for some reason, I can't do links.... but google toughpigs , click on the first thing you see,scroll a little,and click on ''Kermit takes on James Bond in new posters''. The first image is the number\letter Constantine,and look hard and you should find the names I listed.[/quote]

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have no issue whatsoever with overtones of GMC and MTM - occasionally, some of the same themes and tropes wind up re-occurring in a movie franchise, but that doesn't mean the writers gave up trying to do something original.
Too true. Saying this movie is unoriginal is complete bull. Guess what? MTM had similarities to TMM. And if you want to go beyond that, TMM is an homage to road movies (Moving Right Along owes a LOT to Crosby and Hope delivery) with a little allegory to The Wizard of Oz, MTM is an homage to all those old "putting on a big broadway show" movies, GMC homages themes from movies from the 30's and 40's.... would you call all those unoriginal?

I'd rather see the Muppets doing self homages than just plunking them down into another overly told fairy tale/classic novel story. Even if it was a retread (and bullocks that it is), it's still more exciting than most of the stuff we've gotten lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.