Speculation: Sesame Street 45th Anniversary Possibilities

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I've just been thinking, since we've been talking about the possibilities of classic songs being remade: wouldn't it be awesome if they could pull off another cast ensemble/street scene version of "What's the Name of that Song?"?

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Well, I'd like to see Sesason Sets of the first few seasons of Sesame Street, even if it's spilt into volumes
For the first few seasons there are like 130 episodes. 130 times 60 min. each = 7800 hours!

Muppet Master

Reaction score
So, aside from a few books and such, Sesame Street's 40th anniversary sort of came and went without too much hullabaloo. Since they made such a big deal out of the 35th (two anniversary specials, a crap load of merchandise, celebrity introductions to every episode, and much more) I was surprised that the 40th didn't even get a special. But, next year marks the 45th anniversary, so I was hoping we could get a jump start on our wishes for the anniversary.

I would think that a big anniversary special would be a given. They are always so nice of getting the whole cast of humans and Muppets together at the same time (something that is quite a rarity these days on the show). Somebody posted an idea in the 40th anniversary thread about Murray "hosting" this special with the Word on the Street being "anniversary." I love that idea.

I also would love to see a behind-the-scenes prime-time special with interviews with the cast and Muppeteers reflecting on their time on the show. It would also be great if they could invite back past cast members and Muppeteers (Olamide Faison, Linda Bove, Ruth Buzzi, Annette Calud, Savion Glover, David Smyrl, Desiree Casado, Frank Oz, and so on). I feel like that would be SO cool to the super-fans. Something on TV. All the one-night chats at colleges and stuff are great, but it leaves out a huge percentage of fans who cannot make it to the event.

What do you think?
I don't think Sesame Street isn't going to just release stuff and make specials every five years, because that would just get old. Season 45 might be special, but they should wait for the 50 Year Anniversary. For then, they will most definetly have a massive special, and all that. If the show lasts 100 years that'll be a reakky big deal.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah... They would, I know that... but still I want to see that. Chromakey or bunraku, that will be a Bert with his hat and pigeon love. If they can make that song crazier with CGI, then it will be tolerable... I think.
That's a lot of detail for a hypothetical that won't happen.

Besides, everyone knows that Ernie and Bert segments are required by law to take place in the same park now.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Besides, everyone knows that Ernie and Bert segments are required by law to take place in the same park now.

I thought those park segments were just for the international shows (though I wondered why they couldn't just use the apartment for those).

I wonder if the apartment and bedroom sets still exist. I would like to think they would, but there's been so little of Ernie and Bert in the last few years that they wouldn't be using those sets much for so long.

stuiefan

Reaction score
Looking forward In seeing what The New Season brings hopefully more of the Old characters. Has any one heard If David Rudman was Playing Stuie Monster for the 45th?

Bliffenstimmers

Reaction score
Looking forward In seeing what The New Season brings hopefully more of the Old characters. Has any one heard If David Rudman was Playing Stuie Monster for the 45th?
Now I don't want to sound harsh, but I'm just trying to be real. You're going to have to face the fact that Stuie's as retired a character as, say, SAM the Robot. He wasn't even a regular character to begin with, just a one-shot for the purpose of a song. We all have our favorite side characters or retired characters -- and believe me, I really like Stuie too -- but he just wasn't well known enough to be part of the elite group of retired characters the workshop still acknowledges today.

tl;dr: Don't expect to see him again any time soon. If not ever.

stuiefan

Reaction score
That's Fine Bliff I was Just asking a Simple Question If Stuie is Retired Great I have NO problems with that I was Just wondering If they were bringing Him back for the 45th if Not Great NO harm NO foul !!:rolleyes:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Since SST seems to be bringing in internet celebrities and acts onto the show now, I really hope that maybe, someday in the future, we'll see Doug Walker on the show. Or better yet, I'd love to see Lindsey Stirling dancing and twirling all around the street while playing her violin.
Ooooooooh I'd love Doug to be on the show! I'm a major Nostalgia Critic fan.