Our New Puppet Web Series! Starship Sassafrass!

crazy chris

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Just wanted to update everyone on our new puppet web series "STARSHIP SASSAFRASS"!

We launched our Youtube channel this morning with 8 "teaser" videos of some of the cast... Please subscribe to the channel if ya dont mind!

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8vfUnBJgwuEaDWB8EZ43ng

We also have a Facebook page up! 334 likes allready!! hee hee https://www.facebook.com/starshipsassafrass

For some behind the scenes fun check out our production blog! http://starshipsassafrass.blogspot.com/

We also have our website up but only have a temp homepage for the time being
http://starshipsassafrass.com/

SO EXCITED TO BEGIN PRINCIPAL FILMING IN APRIL!!
I will keep ya updated!

cc

theSHE124

Reaction score
Sounds like you've been thru a lot, Crazy Chris. Great puppet designs, and the motions are also fantastic! :smile: Keep up the good work, man! :wink:

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
The look is very bright and clean. I like that.

Are the "Spirds" by Banjo Puppets?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
This is more of a general comment, but I think that if you're going to do teaser videos introduce characters it's very important to let the audience actually learn something about them. Marvel did this really well recently for their new movie "Guardians of the Galaxy". They have to get their audience excited about the movie's characters to build interest in the movie because they are not as familiar as Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, etc.

The first trailer is brilliant because it sets-up the movie by first telling the audience exactly who each character is so they will be interested/invested in them:

They've followed that up with slightly more in-depth videos for each character so that if you're intrigued, you can learn a little more. For example, Meet the Guardians of the Galaxy: Rocket:

You don't need a million dollar budget to do this. It just requires some planning and editing. I think if there isn't yet enough material to make an informative teaser, it's probably not going to have the desired impact. Then it risks becoming a waste of time and resources that could be putting in to finishing the actual project.

Sometimes we make teasers for our own artistic egos, to show off what we're doing. That's fine, but if the goal is marketing/promotion it has to be 100% about audience benefit. Their attention on the internet is valuable and has to be rewarded.

(again, I'm really making general comments here...they're not specifically about Chris' videos!)

crazy chris

Reaction score
Thanks so much "theSHE" and "Buck"

"Buck" ... yessir! Banjo puppets

And i agree with you about the teaser idea... just to explain ours a bit... we are releasing info in tiny bursts... we've been doing a paper campaign via our 3 main facebook accounts (gabby character account....old puppet theater account....and the new web series page) due to facebooks "governer" on who can view posts from a page they already liked (idiocy on facebooks part) the 3 accounts come in handy... our puppet theater had 1250 likes...and Gabby has almost 900 followers.... Given that we are promoting to mommies and small children we just wanted something really cute and simple in our first wave of teasers... we are honestly just getting to know alot of these characters ourselves... though the script is written... the back stories and arcs are still evolving with every sitdown we have... so unlike an established marvel comic... we are really keen to leave a bit of wiggle room with the characters before filming in April...

As filming begins and "set shots" and "footage" become available i hope to do some more detailed trailers.... We shoot in a huge room at a local middle school... but these teaser shots were done in a makeshift studio in my rec room...lol

Thanks again for checking it out everyone!!

cc

theSHE124

Reaction score
Ooh, good idea, Los! I see where you're going with this one! :shifty: Perhaps I should pass this forward to my friend Jordan. He is quite the connoisseur of video & puppetry...

crazy chris

Reaction score
THANKS SO MUCH GUYS!!! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Yeah...please feel free to pass it on to anyone and everyone!! whisper whisper whisper! hahahahaha

cc