TV Alert: Gonzo on Jimmy Kimmel Live 3/3

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Im hoping that they show a clip from the movie! And when Tina goes on the Tonight Show that they also show a clip I mean its like 16 or 17 days away!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The camera angles really needed work, but other than that, I enjoyed Gonzo's appearance.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
Were any clips shown? Or was it just a promotion for MMW with no clips?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
God bless Dave for doing the best he can with that puppet. Yeesh, it looks like a fan-made version.

I kind of wish they had had him just perform behind the chair. Gonzo looked awfully small for that seat.

SweetPiggy

Reaction score
Just saw it and I guess I'll share my thoughts....
He wasn't as wacky or energetic as you might have thought he was going to be but he did bring his A game to the show. He had a quick and funny reply for everything Jimmy threw at him. There was something wrong with his arm. I think he was sitting a little to close to the side of the couch which made it difficult for him to place his arm down naturally when he wasn't moving it. Even Jimmy noticed for a moment and giggled. Also because he was sitting to close to the edge of the couch most of his body was hidden by Jimmy's desk from the camera. Other than that I felt like I was watching one of Gonzos best tv moments ever! He did a great job. He was totally in character and seemed to be a fan of the Jimmy Kimmel show himself!

Were any clips shown? Or was it just a promotion for MMW with no clips?
Sadly no there was no clip from the film shown :mad:

God bless Dave for doing the best he can with that puppet. Yeesh, it looks like a fan-made version.

I kind of wish they had had him just perform behind the chair. Gonzo looked awfully small for that seat.
Agreed his arm seemed to be so flimsy and wallaby lol

One of the things I'v noticed when it comes to Gonzos new look from Disney is his nose being way more thicker than in the 90s. I first noticed the chance to some of his facial features when Disney started putting out those Youtube videos around 2009 before the 2011 film came out.

cahuenga

Reaction score
I hope they rebuilt him soon, that puppet looks terrible...

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Man, it's astounding the amount of hate that puppet is getting now. Not that I disagree that it's too bulky for it's own good, but jeez. It's like if he had a blemish on his nose for five years, and everyone was too polite to exclaim their disgust until now.

Anyway, Gonzo (and Dave) were great last night. Pretty obvious that he had a great rapport with Jimmy =)

SweetPiggy

Reaction score
Man, it's astounding the amount of hate that puppet is getting now. Not that I disagree that it's too bulky for it's own good, but jeez. It's like if he had a blemish on his nose for five years, and everyone was too polite to exclaim their disgust until now.

Anyway, Gonzo (and Dave) were great last night. Pretty obvious that he had a great rapport with Jimmy =)

We still love him. I would rather have Dave puppeteering Disney's new goofy looking Gonzo puppet than to have someone else puppeteering an awesome looking Gonzo puppet.
He's the last member of the original group that puppeteered the top five main characters which include Kermit, Piggy, Animal, Fozzie and Gonzo. We sadly lost Jim back in the late 80s and than something weird went on with Frank Oz which resulted in him turning away from proforming Piggy, Animal and Fozzie after Muppets in Space.
It's nice to know that he might have physically changers on the outside but its still the original Muppet show Gonzos heart thats still beating underneath all the new Disney foam .:smile:

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
We still love him. I would rather have Dave puppeteering Disney's new goofy looking Gonzo puppet than to have someone else puppeteering an awesome looking Gonzo puppet.
He's the last member of the original group that puppeteered the top five main characters which include Kermit, Piggy, Animal, Fozzie and Gonzo. We sadly lost Jim back in the late 80s and than something weird went on with Frank Oz which resulted in him turning away from proforming Piggy, Animal and Fozzie after Muppets in Space.
It's nice to know that he might have physically changers on the outside but its still the original Muppet show Gonzos heart thats still beating underneath all the new Disney foam .:smile:

I agree. All of the performers have been fantastic in taking on the classic characters, but on top of that, it's great that Dave and Steve are still around to lend a hand (so to speak).

... also, Jim died in 1990, not the late 80's.

MrBloogarFoobly

Reaction score
Yeah, the puppet doesn't look great, but who cares? It was a great appearance. Sometimes, Muppets don't really work on the late night circuit, and the jokes come across as really, really lame (thinking about Big Bird and Oscar on Colbert, some of Kermit's "I'm from the swamp" jokes.) But Dave Goelz/Gonzo is always funny.