Shifty Cyril

ashkent

Reaction score
Been really busy with orders recently but have managed to squeeze this guy out in those periods waiting for fleece and fur drying after dying, waiting for fabrics to arrive etc.

I didn't really have any plan for him when starting other than I had a one inch thick piece of foam, some fur that was left over from another project and the idea of something with a bit of a hunch back. The foam was just enough to make the body, which started out as a cylinder and was cut and stuck at one end until it formed the back arch. The arms were also based on a custom template as i really started to picture him with longer arms, thin at the top and becoming thicker, than any of the patterns I have used in the past.

So, not sure if he will fit into a future project but for now here are some of the pictures from his photo shoot.

ashkent

Reaction score
Thanks Chris. I have to say that he instantly became my favourite of any puppets I have made.

DMort

Reaction score
He is great! What did you use for the bags under his eyes, was it model magic?

ashkent

Reaction score
No it was just reticulated foam carved to shape and covered in regular polar fleece. I was originally going to dye the foam (similar to the bags under Crazy Harry's eyes, but the foam i was using had really large holes so the fleece cover was the better option.

Rymoore21

Reaction score
Very cool. I was going to make an Edgar Allan Poe puppet a while back using this same color scheme. I never got around to it but the colors look great together just as I had imagined! Great work, my friend.

-Ryan