Simpsons house and town layout distortion

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
When they were building the actual simpsons home, the people designing the blueprints also had that problem. They've openly admitted the inconsistencies with the layout of the house in the commentaries XD

muppetperson

Reaction score
Has anybody visited the real version of the Simpsons house?

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
Going a little off topic here, how does the Muppet Boarding house work? We clear clearly see in Muppets in Space that it's a relatively big house with two stories but, thinking about the amount of Muppets that live there, you it think it'd be more. Do they all have rooms? Do they share rooms?

All I want is a blueprint so I can understand it, is all I'm saying!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I write fic in which the Muppets live in that boarding house, and long ago I decided not to deal with that issue. There's no way to fit everyone in a house that size without using Emily Bear's solution. I think it's a House of Holding, bigger on the inside than it is on the outside.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Going a little off topic here, how does the Muppet Boarding house work? We clear clearly see in Muppets in Space that it's a relatively big house with two stories but, thinking about the amount of Muppets that live there, you it think it'd be more. Do they all have rooms? Do they share rooms?

All I want is a blueprint so I can understand it, is all I'm saying!
Which could all have been answered if 90% of the Muppets didn't leave and mysteriously vanish for the rest of the film. If there's one brilliant concept that MFS had, it's how crammed and cooped up the Muppets were in that boarding house. They could have done so much with that concept. It would have made a great TV show. It's a shame that it completely disappears within minutes, turning into a desolate house.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It's just now occured to me that COW AND CHICKEN have this very problem. While the exterior of their house always looks the same, the interior of their house changes almost every single freakin' time. The kitchen, and Cow and Chicken's bedroom are just about the only rooms in the house that have a consistent look to them, otherwise, everywhere else in the house is constantly changing.

AlittleMayhem

Reaction score
So while roaming around on tumblr, a link to this article pops up. It's unfortunately not the official floor plans, but it's pretty interesting and also makes a lot of sense.