Painful Fraggle Moments

Slackbot

Reaction score
In one episode, I forget which, Gerry Parkes was obviosly speaking over a cold, and his voice sounded awful. I felt bad for the actor, and it popped me out of the reality of the show every time I heard that hoarse voice.

And then there's every episode of the animated series. They're all painful to me. The one that hurts the most is Gobo's Song, in which Cantus looks like the offspring of Big Bird and a Sneetch, and his only role is to babble insipid, non-plot-forwarding nonsense and then put Gobo to sleep. His part could have been played by a cup of warm radish milk.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really think the animated series in unjustly hated, and quite honestly, it was the only exposure to the Fraggles those without HBO ever got without home video... But I still stand my ground on "The Great Radish Round-up." It would have been a pretty good episode, if it wasn't mostly Fraggles and Doozers having dry heaves for 10 minutes. And Ma Gorg's Panty Shot that has no right to exist!

And Junior's poor imitation of Elmer Fudd voice.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'm going to go with the episode Believe It Or Not, the one with Skinfrith. While it was an interesting concept, having the creature turn into whatever you imagined it was, I think it was the one episode in the show's run where the effects staff bit off more than they could chew. The slow-motion shots of the monster in the basement just came off as fake and doctored to me. I think a less ambitious attempt would have come off better.

Atomic Rexx

Reaction score
The part in "Mokey's Funeral" where the rest of the Fraggle Five are waiting around for Mokey so they can hear her plan. The nasty comments they make about her poetry kind of upset me honestly, I'd forgotten how uncomfortable that scene is.

Then to add insult to injury, they made it seem like she got killed and they never got to tell her they were sorry.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
The entire episode with the Doozer hiccups. I know what it's called but I won't even name it because I don't want any person on this forum to ever waste 24 minutes of their precious, precious life watching it. Wrench's voice is almost as bad as Cotterpin's and there are almost no scenes with the Fraggles.

TheRealFraggle

Reaction score
In one episode, I forget which, Gerry Parkes was obviosly speaking over a cold, and his voice sounded awful. I felt bad for the actor, and it popped me out of the reality of the show every time I heard that hoarse voice.
Which episode might that be?

Beige Fraggle

Reaction score
I can't believe this thread exists because of all the things Henson did, Fraggle Rock, in my eyes was flawless!
It's not about "cringey" moments, if that's what you're thinking. It's about moments that are hard to watch because they are either scary, sad, or physically painful (as in when you empathize with a character's injuries).