Video: New Lipton Tea Ad with Kermit, Piggy and Animal

galagr

Reaction score
That's a relief. I was worried you'd get some sort of brain aneurism from all that Animal. :electric:

Even I have to admit, when they have a good Animal moment, it's a good moment. This commercial is a prime example of that. Not just the whole "shouting one word repeatedly" shtick he's had for quite a while now.

I have to admit, it would be nice if we saw them use that Baby Animal again somewhere.
Does Disney own the rights to the Muppet Babies? I was never too sure of that...

Also, please don't tell me that I'm not the only one that doesn't get the whole "Be More Tea" message this commercial has. I don't get it. Is it a pun? A figure of speech? Are they merely suggesting that we become tea ourselves?

TwoHeadedLlama

Reaction score
Also, please don't tell me that I'm not the only one that doesn't get the whole "Be More Tea" message this commercial has. I don't get it. Is it a pun? A figure of speech? Are they merely suggesting that we become tea ourselves?[/quote]

I'm leaning towards the third option, personally.

cahuenga

Reaction score
How if the Muppet babies puppets were rebuilt for some scenes of MMW? I doubt they rebuilt Baby Animal just for that advicement..

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Great behind-the-scenes clips (especially Piggy - "Do they give out Oscars for commercials airing during the Oscars?"). Thanks for the link, Mo!

I just love all the little touches in this ad, including the replacement of the Walk-Don't Walk signs with an Animal-silhouette over the word "RUN". Bang-on!!!

And I'm tickled that it's Lipton doing this because Lipton was pretty much the only brand of tea I could find during a 10-day trip to France that Mrs. Otter and I took a year and a half ago (but I haven't had any since I came back to eastern Canada - that may have to change...) :wink:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Does Disney own the rights to the Muppet Babies? I was never too sure of that...
They do indeed. It's just that Disney doesn't seem to care much for their own 1980's and 90's cartoons either. Though we did get Ducktales Remastered and a series of Darkwing Duck comics. I even managed to get a Gizmoduck shirt. It was a gift and I was completely unaware of it's existence.

Then again, I'm thinking Disney would be afraid that Muppet Babies would glub up their current Muppet plans. I can't see them bringing it back for more than a brand, either nostalgical or for actual baby products anyway.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Also, please don't tell me that I'm not the only one that doesn't get the whole "Be More Tea" message this commercial has. I don't get it. Is it a pun? A figure of speech? Are they merely suggesting that we become tea ourselves?
I thought "be more tea" meant that you should take the time to relax and stop being so frenzied, and tea can help you do that.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes young swamphopper. Be more tea = be more relaxed. Especially if you observe the ancient Japanese tea ceremony. Or maybe a spot of British tea time around 4 PM. Or like Kermit showed us, being cool and friendly like, not worrying about green (or brown or black or whatever color your tea happens to be).

Now then, where did I put that soggy popcorn.
*Points to whoever recognizes that last running MC gag. :wink:

Cookie Chris

Reaction score
Well, that was a fun commercial! It's nice to see the Muppets returning back to their roots by appearing in advertising commercials for products, but then again, they have doing marketing tie-ins for years. I adore the concept of a world of Animals that are so hectic with their lives that contrasts with Kermit's laid-pack persona. And yes, baby Animal was soo cute! I'll definitely enjoy watching this again during the Oscars telecast.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I am re-watching the ad over and over again. Every time I notice something different. I think I saw one Animal pick pocket another and a cop run after him. I saw one sleeping on a motorcycle, one playing an acustic guitar. :halo: Two of the Paparazi Animals even get into a fist fight during the last few seconds before they cut away to the product screen.