Quotes Not Working Right Now?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Lately, anytime I try to add a quote to a post I'm typing, nothing happens, and I'm not doing anything different: I click "Reply" on the post I want to quote, the page scrolls back down to the message box, but the quoted post won't appear, so I'm having to copy and paste what I want to quote and put in the code myself (which itself, for some reason, automatically removes the first [ as the post goes through).

Oh, and also, whenever I type a new message, the message box keeps growing longer with each key I hit. What's that all about?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Not sure about your quote problem as its working fine for me, but as far as the message box getting longer, it has ALWAYS done that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sarge said:
but as far as the message box getting longer, it has ALWAYS done that.
Really? Wow, because this is the first time I've experienced this. It'll grow if the already-existing space is filled and more typing is happening, but this is the first time I've experienced the expansion each and every single time I press a key.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Oh, I see. I misunderstood then.

That is weird

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Actually, I'm starting to wonder if this is part of a series peculiarities with my updated browser, because I'm noticing other little oddities on other sites that I hadn't experienced up until now. I'm guessing it's either the fault of the sites themselves not even bothering to keep them optimized for IE (like you said in another thread), or Microsoft really rushed this one out without testing it properly.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
D'Snowth, what browser and version are you using? Sounds like it may be IE11.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It is. Long story short, a couple of different sites said my browser was outdated and no longer supported, even though I was using IE10, so it was suggested to me that I uninstall and reinstall IE10 to resolve those errors, I tried that, but apparently IE10 appears to no longer be available for users (even though it only came out last year), so I went ahead and upgraded to IE11.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
^ I was having difficulties about two days ago too, there was only a 'like' button and no quote button available when I was posting. The problem seems to have fixed itself but there you go. :confused:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
^ I was having difficulties about two days ago too, there was only a 'like' button and no quote button available when I was posting. The problem seems to have fixed itself but there you go. :confused:
Well now, I was able to actually reinstall IE10, so I'm VERY happy about that.

I'm suggesting that maybe we keep this thread open, or perhaps start up a new thread, addressing that if you're trying to browse through MC on IE11, there are some known issues that certain things may not work properly.

I am NOT upgrading to IE11 again, if I can help it, hardly anything worked properly (but when I learned that IE11 was originally written specifically for Windows 8, I thought well that makes sense, because everybody says Windows 8 doesn't work properly, so I'm thankful I have 7).