Remembering John Henson

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I agree. While you're in the 40s you're still relatively young. (Kind of worries me because I'm in my 30s.) That is quite sad. Anyway, the most memorable John Henson moment I can think of was his appearance as Sweetums in "Muppet Treasure Island" where he was thought to be the bad guy, but he ended up saving the crew.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
While watching world news on ABC on 2/16/14 I saw the news index and they were had a quick report on John Henson's death and how he was trying to keep the muppets alive. Though I am sad to see him die at least he left enough a mark to be on the news, and later that day I saw Jim Henson trending on Yahoo and he was #7, WOW!

JonnyBMuppetMan

Reaction score
Here's a statement from the Muppets Facebook:

"John Henson, son of Muppet creator Jim Henson, passed away this week. Many of us who work with the Muppets knew John as a friend and a performer. His passing is a shock and a terrible loss. Like his father, John brought incredible optimism to everything he did. He pursued his dreams with great passion. Jim Henson once said, “It’s a good life. Enjoy it.” John enjoyed life—and we enjoyed life more because of him. We will miss him deeply.
The Muppets Studios, The Walt Disney Company and all who strive every day to keep alive the magic of the Muppets offer our heartfelt sympathy to his wife and children and the entire Henson family."