New Muppet movie in development for potential 2013 release

Status
Not open for further replies.

galagr

Reaction score
Wow. I honestly did not expect that. You really cannot get more obscure than a character who hasn't even been named.

I'm so glad they're remembering so many forgotten characters! That's what makes the movie exciting for me. I could know the whole plot, beginning to end, and I'd still go to see it in theaters just to see the forgotten Muppets of the past come back to life.

Could this mean a possible remake of Hugga Wugga? I mean, what other purpose does the character really serve?

HAPPY YELLOW CREATURE'S COMING BACK, BABY!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Would this be a good place to point out (okay, rant) about Disney's end-run around the relationship--AGAIN? Why can't they ever just give us kisses instead of giving us a kiss and a slap at the same time?

I think the movie is going to have some moments of genuine gushiness--moments that Piggy deserves and Kermit should value, but then--on Valentine's Day, no less--we have a stupid video about Kermit bribing some hunky guy to help him get away from Piggy. Charming.

Yuck. Fooey. Piggy should sooooo dump his amphibian butt and date Russell Crowe....

Did they learn NOTHING from the last movie?

Still, I don't actually need them to tell me what's "really" going on between the frog and the pig. First of all, they can't get their story straight. Second of all, they only get it right accidentally and in pieces.

My plan for the movie is to go and enjoy it for all it's worth. I've got plenty of time after the movie to ignore what they got wrong and it's not going to bother me in the theater. I'm going to be glad to see everyone again, and I can't wait to see Piggy in yet another wedding dress--this is at least her fourth just on the show or in the movies and she's looked stunning in all of them. That, alone, ought to hold me for a pretty good while, I think.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm heading into the movie in almost four weeks with a smile on my excited :fanatic: face. There were flaws with the last one, but I still emerged ecstatic, coming back to post about it. But because of the entire Tower of London wedding finale—and I highly suspect that will be the movie's climax—I'm probably going to come back thinking "oh boy, the posts from Aunt Ru about this ending" one way or another. Yeah, I've got such strong forum friendships to think of the movie that way.

As for the "cleverly funny" little trailers, haven't seen them... But what happened to the clever parodies like what we got back in 2011? *Shrugs, don't bother with these quick throw-away things myself, they're gonna end up as one-minute add-ons to the DVD release.
*Leaves big choc chip muffin for Ruahnna in hopes she spots the email I sent her last week.

MWoO

Reaction score
It seems their marketing strategy is different this time. With the last movie they were unsure of audience reaction to a big screen muppet movie as it was over a decade since the MFS and that movie bombed big time. The trailers, especially the first one, were meant to keep the general public from dismissing them from the start. As time went on they made more obvious parodies.

This year things are different. There is no need to reintroduce the muppets. Instead they are doing a parody of social media. It's a campaign that is obviously internet based again and aimed at the social media crowd. In the first trailer it seems like the "tweets" could have been written by real people. So, people start sending out real tweets in hopes of getting in the commercial. As time goes on its more and more obvious all the tweets are a joke, but the muppets already got the social media exposure they wanted. It's certainly a better strategy than that whole bazillion likes on Facebook thing from 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.