Fraggle rock sewing patterns! Anyone made these?

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I have in my possession the 1986 butterick doll patterns for red and gobo. The dolls look pretty good and I'm sure with a little tweaking they could look even better.

I have had these doll patterns for many years after buying them on eBay. Every time I think I will attempt them, I look at the pattern which looks so complicated I put it away again?? Just got the patterns out again now. Looked at antron fleece online and feathers etc to try and make them look a bit more 'real'.

Has ANYONE ever attempted to make these?? Any advice. Is it better to hand stitch or machine stitch ( im not very good at sewing!

Anyone got any pics of these made??

If this works maybe I'll have to look for sprocket patterns too??

Chris

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i actually just got the muppet babie doll patterns myself i am going to try them out..after i scan them first..if you ever want to trade hit me up

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Ok. This pattern is HUGE not sure how to scan/ copy it!?

Chris

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi fellow puppet fans and builders.

I have had the butterick fraggle rock gobo and Red sewing patterns for many years and keep thinking I must have a go at making those!!
I didn't want to just copy the patterns I wanted to tweak them to make them more Fraggly.

Anyway I bought all the stuff, wire, foam, feathers,fur and course antron fleece. My attempt at dying the fleece yellow failed and I ended up with a baby pink colour. While waiting for the proper dye to arrive I thought I might as well practice with the pink fleece. I had never tried the Henson stitch before!!
A few days later the yellow dye arrived and I managed to dye some antron yellow. But as I already started my 'pink' fraggle I bought I may as well keep going. All practice to attempt Red and Gobo.

Here is what I ended up with, it took about 4 weeks.

I have never ever attempted to make a puppet before! This is a poser and not a puppet.
Let me know what you think?

Chris

Slackbot

Reaction score
I think that that's a pretty good-looking first try! Nice work, and I like the colors. Boiled fur, isn't that?